Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Short Tracks/Unused BMX tracks. in Gloucestershire
  • Dancake
    Free Member

Had an hour to kill the other day so went up to an old BMX track for some manual / cornering practice. (Robinswood hill)

It was built in the 80s and now lays overgrown and unused.

Had a laugh in the end finding out how fast you can go around corners and doing tiny jumps. The track is really small and has probably 5 corners, one double and one jump 🙂 Still gravel on the surface though, so is rideable in this sloppy weather Makes a nice change though if time is at a premium as you can ride there if you are local.

So I wondered, are there ny other tiny tracks out there? Sounds really boring but I had fun.

kimbers
    dirtbiker100
    Free Member

for those interested the track the OP is talking about: Robinswood Hill BMX Track

I'm not entirely sure of any others. there is one in bishops cleeve HERE (google maps have yet to catch up)
    but as its new it could be well used.
    if i think of any more i'll let you know

psling
    Free Member

There was a small one built in the corner of the recreation ground in Ruardean, Glos., some years back (late 80s); there is now a doctors' surgery built on the site

ooOOoo
    Free Member

London's in glaaassstershire now? Wow! First Liz Hurley, now this.

juiced
    Free Member

I like slough bmx track, which is small but fun. In Bournemouth there's a short track (not the bmx track) with a downhill start to a decent 180 berm! Great fun on my old jump bike nightrides. Following the berm is a tabletop and double then push uphill for 20 seconds and repeat. For anyone interested it's along the cycle path 2 minutes coming away from the leisure complex ( swimming pool ) in chaseside on the left. ( or at least it was a few years ago)

mrmo
    Free Member

round the back of st benidicts school in Arle is another old track. or was a couple of years back.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Short Tracks/Unused BMX tracks. in Gloucestershire’ is closed to new replies.