Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 114 total)
  • Short sleeved shirts for work? yay or nay.
  • lunge

No, no no, no no no.
    If you’re a techy, a coach driver or a fast food worker then yes, if not, then no.

richardkennerley

What’s the consensus on linen? It’s often 30+ degrees in the lab as we’re not allowed air con.

nickhit3
    Free Member

And if you notice what shirts other people are wearing, then you’re quite obviously a lady.

what if you’re not a lady? what then?

mrblobby
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiweaZQ8g5U[/video]

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ll vote No.

I’m not keen on men’s forearms, they frighten me.

All that hair…

Ewe.

nickhit3
    Free Member

What’s the consensus on linen? It’s often 30+ degrees in the lab as we’re not allowed air con.

when not in the lab, are you responsible for the running of a large multinational fruit canning operation?

TiRed

Ted Baker pink polo shirt today. If freckles count as unsightly, too bad, but few have more mottled hands and arms than me (at least the hair is invisible 😉 ). Last week it was floral linen shirts to cope with the heat – windows open as air-con couldn’t cope.

Never with a tie.

Oh, and I’ll be in my skinsuit later as I’m off to a TT straight after work 😯

mogrim

Short sleeves definitely OK in summer. But I don’t GAF and work in IT so probably don’t have the fashion nous of the people posting on this thread. Who mostly seem too scared to post a photo of themselves, it must be said…

ads678

And if you notice what shirts other people are wearing, then you’re quite obviously a lady.

what if you’re not a lady? what then?[/quote]

Too bloody nosey!

DezB
    Free Member

what if you’re not a lady? what then?

Then you don’t notice or care what men are wearing on their taught, muscular bodies.

chewkw
    Free Member

Short sleeved shirts for work? yay or nay.

IMO … 😛

Yay – if you don’t have to interact with customers.

Nay – if you have to deal with customers.

Between work colleagues you can wear whatever you like even shorts. 😛

mattyfez

philjunior
    Free Member

All that hair…

Ewe.
    That makes it a yes for me, as long as you have intimidating, taut, hairy forearms. Bonus points for tattoos Intimidate the opposition.

I admit that ties and short sleeves are non ideal but I hardly ever wear a tie (and try to wear long sleeves when I do).

That said, it’s often high 20s (occasionally low 30s) in the office due to shit aircon (even in winter), so I have been known to do a “TV presenter” with a pair of MTB baggies and a shirt which only becomes apparent when I stand up.

guitarhero
    Free Member

I have been known to wear a short sleeve shirt to work. It is a spotty patterned number that on close inspection is actually penny farthings (the bike). It’s cool in more ways than one

I am a musician (although currently moonlighting as an engineer till my music career takes off again)

perchypanther
    Free Member

It’s cool in more fewer ways than one

FTFY

Gary_M
    Free Member

Who mostly seem too scared to post a photo of themselves, it must be said…

mm odd comeback.

I couldn’t care less what other people waer, I wouldn’t wear a short sleeved shirt to work but I don’t care what anyone else looks like.

SaxonRider

Please no. Short sleeves – if tucked in/worn with chinos/worn with a tie – tend to make the wearer look like Homer Simpson.

scotroutes

Do you always seek help when choosing clothes? If it’s more comfortable, why wouldn’t you?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Short sleeves – if tucked in/worn with chinos/worn with a tie – tend to make the wearer look like Homer Simpson.

Especially, if, like me, you are fat and balding with bright yellow skin and only have 3 fingers on each hand.

chewkw
    Free Member

It’s too cold (weather wise) for me to wear short sleeve to work … 😆

smiththemainman
    Free Member

If my last going out casual shirt was short sleeved then my soon to be work shirt will be short sleeved, I don`t care too much how I look I base it all on comfort , which does wind the better half up fairly often.

nickhit3
    Free Member

Then you don’t notice or care what men are wearing on their taught, muscular bodies.

Dez, not now.

matt_outandabout

A couple of short sleeve shirts here too for work.
    Often teamed with Rohan trousers.

mindmap3
    Free Member

It’s a no here too.

As already mentioned – far too bus driver / fast food worker chic. One or tow have braved it in our office and get ribbed for it. Just roll your sleeves up if need be.

darkcove

All my work shirts are short sleeved. Long sleeved ones quickly get ruined reaching into the bowls of a train, it’s easier to wash of oil, diesel, Hydrostatic oil, coolant, grime and dead animals/birds/people offskin than it is to wash it out of a white shirt.

This time of year my arms are torn to shreds by brambles or “rough sex” if any one asks. Couldn’t care less what people think.

Gary_M
    Free Member

bikebouy – Member

I’ll vote No.

All that hair…

Ewe.

I always thought you were male, its a surprise to find out you’re not.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Female sheep obviously.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Clearly she’s been pulling the wool over our eyes.

matt_outandabout

But not the sleeves on our arms down…

ads678

Short sleeved shirt.
    Tucked in!
    Tie!!

Doesn’t seem to bother Pep. Although he isn’t smiling….

[/url]SS shirt by Cheryl, on Flickr[/img]

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Short sleeves here today, Craghoppers check with one button down pocket, not tucked in with smart jean style trousers (not chinos, outside back pockets but not denim, crease along seam not down the front, got them from Next).

Don’t really care what people think and only comment i’ve had is on last nights bramble damage to my forearms.

Tomorrow probably long sleeves as that’s what’s clean and ironed.

slowoldman

Nothing wrong with them at all. But what do I know? At work I wear polo shirts tucked into my Rohan Bags. Definitely plain and no logo though.

tiggs121
    Free Member

Always short sleeves – every day – nothing else….but then I am an old Techy teacher!!

No tie either.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Gary_M – Member

I always thought you were male, its a surprise to find out you’re not.

POSTED 3 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Every days a Sasquatch day then.

zanelad
    Free Member

All that hair…

Ewe.

What are you going to do when you grow up, have your arms amputated?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Blessed with light blond hair me.. barely noticeable. Looks betterer tanned, obvz.

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

I would say no. They look cheap – like a council worker (sorry).

Normal office wear for me is smart jeans/chinos, smart shoes and a long sleeve shirt. If it’s hot I roll up the sleeves. (Did you know there are multiple ways to roll up sleeves depending on the look you want?!).

I have recently bought boat shoes so I can wear chino shorts in the office, the same shirt as above and generally mince about.

I work for for a science agency. As a general rule as long as you have managed to dress yourself it is accepted.

jekkyl

These are the issues they should be covering in the magazine.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

If there’s one thing I know more about than cycling, it’s how to dress; just ask any of my friends.

The problem most men have is their wives buy their clothes for them, usually from somewhere like Matalan. This means a poor fit.

Now, for any clothes to look good, they’ve got to fit properly. But, most men wear clothes that DON’T fit properly. This includes, trousers, long sleeved shirts and suits (see below for example).

But, a badly fitting long sleeve shirt does not stand out like a soar thumb. The long sleeves add length and balance and help keep the proportions a bit more in check. Whereas a badly fitted short sleeve shift, especially one that’s been well ironed by said wife; good god. You look like you’re wearing a large envelope.

It is possible to wear a short sleeve shirt and look ok, but you’ve just got to get one that fits properly. Generally though, a long sleeve shirt with the sleeves rolled up is a better look,. Not only does it look smartish, it gives off an air of cool/calm/collected suaveness.

HTH

Gok Wan

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Long sleeve shirt buttoned right up to top. Awful.

Even worse if not tucked in – mainly seen on fat glaswegians going into a Wetherspoons.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 114 total)

The topic ‘Short sleeved shirts for work? yay or nay.’ is closed to new replies.