Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Short shift Shifters for a lady.
  • stevepitch
    Free Member

The mrs has been having problems with her left hand shifter – she finds the push to change up from the inner ring to the middle ring too far of a push and its straining her wrist.

So I was wondering if its possible to get short shift shifters?!?! She’s got x5 shifters at the mo and the lbs has suggested trying shimano shifters so I was just wondering if anyone, especially the girls, have experienced this problem and found a solution.

Cheers

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

twistgrips is how my missue got round it

rp16v
    Free Member

i belive with newer sram shifters u can adjust where the shift lever starts to pulll might be worth a look

colournoise

Just about (tomorrow) to fit twist shifters to my wife’s bike for the same reason.

slainte 😉 rob

stevepitch
    Free Member

Cheers for the response guys unfortunately she’s tried grip shift before (admitedly on a “£99 halfords special”) and they werent really set up properly so she wasnt very keen.

Looks like I’ll have lots of shifters for sale very soon as she tries everything out 😯

scaredypants

gripshift is far the best option for front mech anyway – can trim the mech to avoid rubbing and ded easy to use except in awful mud/wet

steve_b77
    Free Member

You could glue a small plastic block to the shifter paddle to bring it forwards so the push would start earlier and not seem to go as far

juiced
    Free Member

i have small hands and love my old gripshifts ( twisty’s)

i like the short ones

crikey
    Free Member

Get a thumb shifter like from the old days, then she can use her whole hand to change gear.

stevepitch
    Free Member

So after a bit of a chat twist shifters are being considered – so any recommendations for which ones to look at?

Also whats the crack with fitment on the bar she has Juicy 3’s and the x5 leavers all fit nice and neat!?

Cheers

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Assuming shimano mechs sram rocket, if sram mechs X5 – they are the ones we have and they are fine

alaric

Try moving the shifter on the bar – down/away from the brake lever.

rp16v
    Free Member

i have some right halfpipe shifter in 7,8,9 speed flavors brand new in box if any use to u.

thebunk

mrsbunk moved to gripshifters and loves them. Merlin have some deals on X9 / X0 gripshifters for more bling…

ilovemygears
    Free Member

shimano duel control levers are amazing!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Short shift Shifters for a lady.’ is closed to new replies.