Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Short Qs ride tonight.
  • knottie8
    Free Member

Just a short loop tonight for the beginners . Mind you it had Stert/Somerton combe and ladys edge in it ! The only drama was a busted chain easily fixed and on we went. Basicaly we ran out of light so without lights we wont be out next wednesday. To dark for pics as the mist rolled in right at the start too. Comments ?

Brian and Phil smile for the camera whilst waiting for the others to turn up.

saladdodger
    Free Member

Oh look a inbred

And 2 bikes

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Just found this site, Brian was talking about it and how it was a good way of finding out about rides while we were waiting for you and pricey to appear after his broken chain.

The ride back to Triscombe was interesting in the near darkness, although when you've done that route quite a few times its surprising how you can pick your way between the trees without being able to see a lot!

charlierevell
    Free Member

Sorted pricey out with some new chain bits today! Well done with printing off the pictures!!!

Ill follow you round next week with the sun attached to my bars! Need to get out on another night ride!

sharki
    Free Member

Don't follow with the sun on your bars Charlie, that will provide the evilness that is shadow.

knottie8
    Free Member

we need lights !

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I was out at the Beacon Hill end all afternoon – fab dusty conditions.

Dead Woman's
    Great Bear
    Dowsborough
    up Holford Combe
    Dead Woman's again
    That gnarly gully down into Holford Combe (minor off)
    up to Higher Hare Knapp
    Holford green
    up The Great Road
    Weacombe – really good today
    up Beacon Hill
    Frog Combe (west bank with the very steep drop-in)
    up Holford Combe again
    Dead Woman's

There are so many fine trails I just love bimbling up and down and could do it all day if I was fit enough

knottie8
    Free Member

Buzz
    That sounds like a fab route but how come you missed out Sert/Somerton and Slaughterhouse combes !

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

There are only a limited number of climbs I can tolerate before I lose heart, that's why! 🙂

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I decided at the last minute to go out on my own yesterday morning.

I parked at Triscombe stone, dropped straight into Greatwood, down the chimney, then climbed out of Greatwood upto Crowcombe, over to Deadwomans ditch, down the road and did the Concrete block, then down Holford, climbed up Hodders and Ladys edge, down Weacombe, climbed back up to the carpark and back to Crowcombe, straight down into Greatwood again, then climbed out back to Triscombe.

Took me just over 2 hours, must be the longest ride i've done for about 6 months!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Short Qs ride tonight.’ is closed to new replies.