Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Short Mam Tor blast
  • manic78
    Free Member

Evening all.

After a bit of advice….. I’m after a really short Mam Tor blast.

I’m thinking Edale car park, Mam Tor, Hollins, cut across to the Toboggan chute thing?

But Which way to head up from Edale?

I’ve got about 3 mrs max. I’m unift. More round than tall.

Cheers all.

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Usually start on the broken road for these rides, you can basically do 3 or 4 ups and downs but with a lot of up.

Start on broken road and climb up to mam
    Down green lands
    Upto hollins cross
    Down backtor
    Upto hollins again and we normally then do the bw from hollins to the back of Castleton
    Or alternatively from hollins ride over to rushup and cross the road at the bottom and ride to cavedale

mildbore

I assume by toboggan chute you mean the descent to Backtor farm? Love that dh, did it on Sunday and it’s got rougher in the rocky chute so even better. From Edale we usually take the bridleway that leaves the village and then divides at Greenlands. Here we turn left and head directly to Hollins Cross. You can head up Greenlands and traverse the ridge, it takes a bit longer and involves more pushing but if you’ve got 3 hrs you won’t be short of time,the whole loop I describe takes us less than an hour. When you get to Backtor farm you’ll have time to turn round and push back up for another go

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Short Mam Tor blast’ is closed to new replies.