Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Short Flight and reward schemes – Best options?
  • handyman153
    Free Member

Morning STW

I am currently flying a fair bit, around 4 times a month. And I really think I should be doing something to gain some form of benefit, air miles for example.

The flights are only short – London to Poland, and can cost anything from £12 to £300 return.
    And I either fly with Wizz Air or Ryan Air.
    And it’s usually me and my partner flying each time.

What are my options here? Does anybody have any experience?

Thanks
    J

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

BA Amex card or similar?

AFAIK, those airlines don’t do any sort of FF scheme, so paying for the flights on a BA card would earn you Avioses that you could then put towards flights. Or wine. 😀

If not, and if you’re flying very regularly, it can be worth flying with a ‘better’ airline that has a FF scheme. Lounge access makes travel so much easier! Also, upgrades, seat selection benefits etc.

handyman153
    Free Member

CFH – very good points.
    You’re right, the airlines don’t have any form of reward scheme. I think a smooth landing is reward enough!

I’ll look into these avios cards, I think they might be the best option.

A ‘better’ airline isn’t really an option as nobody else flies frequently to our airport of choice.

vintagewino
    Free Member

Lounge access does indeed make a difference but the best thing about racking up points is when it gets you into the fast track lane at security. Think you get that on one of those ‘priority pass’ things you can buy?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

IIRC, some credit cards offer lounge access (Priority Pass?), so that may be worth looking at as well.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

To be honest lounge access isn’t really worth it for short flights and for those sorts of airlines. You’d only get access into one of those awful shared lounges and i’d Rather sit in a restaraunt in the terminal. Premium airline lounges are great as they do decent food and something nicer than beefeater gin/paint stripper.

Better off choosing the airline for convenience of airport and aiming to get there as close to the flight leaving as possible and minimising time on Thursday airport.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Short Flight and reward schemes – Best options?’ is closed to new replies.