Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Short break in Whitby – help me please before I die trying
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Can someone help me before I lose the will to live after trawling several hundred useless websites trying to find a short break in Whitby!

Looking for a Thursday to Sunday break for 2 adults and 2 infants in a central location with car parking onsite for sometime late November or early December. Nothing fancy – just somewhere clean and suitable for two 2 yr olds.

Does anyone have any recommendations before I kill the interweb please?

woody2000

Mike – you could do a lot worse than the youth hostel TBH. It’s a lovely place, in a great setting. Only downside is that you’re at the top of a gert big hill!

You can get family rooms IIRC

Whitby YHA

atlaz
    Free Member

I think last time I just called the tourist information in Whitby and got some B&B recommendations, alternatively there’s http://www.wonderfulwhitby.co.uk/wheretostay.html . We got one on the west cliff run by two very nice chaps that was cheap and servicable. There’s not a lot open in Whitby in winter at night though.

wors

http://www.sandsendbaycottages.co.uk/

Although not a central location as you ask, this is a lovely place.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Not bothered about places being open at night (two 2 yr olds) – just want to use up a few days holiday I have to take before Christmas.

Thanks for help so far 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Are you going for the Goth festival? 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Good god no. When is that?

flyingmonkeycorps

Sandsend is lovely. Well, it was when I was about 12.

Creg

Its this weekend (Goth Weekend)

I work in a B&B just outside Whitby. I can check availability and prices for you when I go back to work tonight if you like?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Not interested in a B&B thanks – we want to be somewhere private so we can beat the kids in peace 😉

lodious
    Free Member

Can’t recommend anywhere to stay, but there’s a nice eatery called Mountry’s which does good pizza’s, even out of season we had to book at weekends though.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

+1 For the Youth Hostel, very good quality and in the grounds of the Abbey, plenty of parking too. We are there with a group of 40 from our Fell Running Club in 3 weeks so don’t try booking it on the 19th-20th. If you are there that weekend, I’m taking a group out for 30 miles around Fylingdales on bikes on the Saturday, you are welcome to join us.

imp999
    Free Member

When you get sorted don’t forget to go to Robin hood’s bay – Mostly for the chip shop!!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Short break in Whitby – help me please before I die trying’ is closed to new replies.