Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Short (90mm ish) Lock On Grips
  • wombat

I’m after a pair of short Lock On grips, ideally 80 or 90mm ling to fit on my daughter’s bike. They need to be short because she’s got twist grip shifters.

Any recommendations from the STW hive mind?

Alternatively, can I shorten a pair of regular lock ons?

thepodge
    Free Member

I’m sure I’ve seen gripshift compatible ones but can’t for the life of me remember where.

I wouldn’t have thought shortening normal ones would work very well.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I think my bro has specialized ones on his bike, they only “lock on” at one end, so you could trim the other end down to suit.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Do what david says, the ODI short ones are not child hand friendly at all, and many others are designed to be clamped at both ends and don’t tighten very well. The spesh ones are great, have them on both my lads bikes and never slip.

I had the same problem with a Rohloff.
    I find short grips intended for twist shifters are too short for me at about 70mm. Standard grips at about 120mm are too long
    I’ve got Kona one one bike and DMR on the other. Both use a single clamp, so it’s just a matter of sawing them down to the length you want.

wombat

Thanks for the responses, have found these, they only have one lock collar so look as though they’ll do the trick once I’ve cut them to the required length.

They look the same as mine, apart from the flange on the inner end. They should be fine.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Short (90mm ish) Lock On Grips’ is closed to new replies.