Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Shopping/ pub bike pics. Weeds, overgrown grass, ropey fencing and…
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

…a Saracen. Roll up folks fill your boots.

The bike cost me nothing. Got it from a friend who was going to skip it. It was sat in his garage for the best part of eight years. It might be a Saracen but it's a minter. I got the panniers from the classifieds and the tyres from a boot sale £5 the pair. I will change (sorry swap out) the fork for something rigid and about 10lbs lighter at a later date.

ton

we used to have a outside middins 😆

jahwomble
    Free Member

Like that,especially the massive saddle. I'm a big fan of skip biking and that sir, is a shining example 🙂

PracticalMatt
    Free Member

I've got those panniers, they've done me proud for five years so far.

molgrips
    Free Member

Those the original cranks? Looks like a cheapo bottom of the range rear mech with some nice cranks.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Sr suntour's no less. They look good but weigh a ton.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

This was my freebie bike

courtesy of the Yanks at Menwith Hill MOD. It came to me like this tho.

molgrips
    Free Member

Did you fix that wheel or source a replacement?

Coleman
    Free Member

And another one. Although mine's UK spec so has front brakes!
    Also now sports a basket for the shopping.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Molgrips, replaced rims and spokes, the rims are chrome and meant for a trials bike. Infact, it seeems the standard for mtb wheels was taken from cruiser bikes, the whitewall tyres fit my mtb wheels perfectly.

coastkid
    Free Member

free bikes are great!,folk keep giving me old bikes!
    current boozer bike…was given this for free,1954 Raliegh sports,minted condition,in shed 30 years!,new (real rubber made in India) tyres were new on ebay for £12,

the hub gear drive smiths speedo goes to 40 mph!

also given this part restored Moulton, 1973 on the rear hub

given this by my brother,1987ish pug triathlon (pinched chain but goes)…

and found this in a skip,been told its about 50 years old and called a Trusty,cant find any info online and a bit wee 😉 but cool…

sweepy
    Free Member

another saracen

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

This was my freebie that I found:

tron
    Free Member

Orange Gringo / G2? That's a bit good for the pub. They build up into ace XC bikes!

rOcKeTdOg

That looks steel, so P7 or clockwork/C16R/Prestige isn't it, pre 98 as there are no disc mounts

tails
    Free Member

Including the same panniers and racks as featured on neil's bike. The mudguards are for sale if anyones interested but they'll need a clean.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Not exactly free but my new shopper for not much money has just arrived . . .

Sheer shonk 😀 . . . love it!! 8) . . . and I won't be retouching the rear end – those welds scream steal me and I'll dump you on your arse (that's if it doesn't get me first 😉 )

RealMan
    Free Member

Get rubbish free bike. Booby trap it (either fixed gear, or destroy the freehub so no drive, oil the grips, loosen the stem, etc.). Leave it outside your house with a sign saying "bike for sale, £10". Set up a camera. Film idiots try to steal it. Put on youtube.

Tiger6791

Get rubbish free bike. Booby trap it (either fixed gear, or destroy the freehub so no drive, oil the grips, loosen the stem, etc.). Leave it outside your house with a sign saying "bike for sale, £10". Set up a camera. Film idiots try to steal it. Put on youtube.

Get sued by injured theives for being neglegent

RealMan
    Free Member

Get sued by injured theives for being neglegent

Sell story to daily mail

obirobkeno
    Free Member

My mate saw a guy dumping a frame (no shock) at a tip near Southampton, thought to himself "That's looks a bit nice"… Get's it home, goes digging to find a ruddy SC V10 under hammerite. He made up a nice bike by the time he was done (no pics, sorry!). Jammy bugger…

soobalias
    Free Member

a V10 with hammerite on it.

warm as a warm thing would have been my guess. least he didnt pay for it i suppose.

rOcKeTdOg

Was that tazer a large and you've chopped it to fit mama?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

That's the daftest shopping bike I've ever seen. 🙂

mamadirt
    Free Member

Not half as daft as my Slopestyle 😉

Was that tazer a large and you've chopped it to fit mama?

Sounds like a plan RD 😉

Bunnyhop

Our list:
    Shopping bike – GT Timberline.
    Pub bike – Dawes Discovery tandem.
    Chippy bike – a £10 charity shop find BMX.

No pictures.

Recycling at it's best neil's-on-wheels.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

My first mtb was a Timberline

Reluctant
    Free Member

The OPOC…(Other People's Old Crap), built from a skip-found frame and workshop discards. Goes like a beaut and didn't cost a penny.

And The Cow – built from a donated Avalanche frame, a pot of Hammerite and a pile of old sh!te. Currently doing pub bike duties for my brother in law in Bristol – sure beats drink driving.

yunki
    Free Member

A work in progress.. pictured mid build in the beer 'garden' at the local boozer.. need to raid another skip or two for cranks and a seatpost.. had a back brake and some grips fitted shortly after this photo was taken..

A free beermat for anyone who can identify the frame
    (yunki junior in the background adjusting a v-brake ready for fitting)

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Shopping/ pub bike pics. Weeds, overgrown grass, ropey fencing and…’ is closed to new replies.