Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Shopping at ActionSports.de
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

About to pull the trigger on a seatpost but just wondering how people normally pay for stuff to minimise fees. Looks like the choices are prepay bank transfer or paypal.

cp

I just used my credit card. Better deal overall than PayPal for me in terms of overall cost – fees and actual exchange rate.

Onzadog
    Free Member

doesn’t give me the option of paying by any card. It just gives me bank transfer or paypal.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Onzadog
    Free Member

Humm, seems credit card works out cheaper than bank transfer. Can’t use a debit card though it seems.

Anyway, ordered now. Time to sit back and wait.

easygirl

PayPal is free isn’t it?

njee20
    Free Member

Yes as a buyer PayPal doesn’t cost you anything? 😕

I always use a credit card through PP.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Unless the merchant charges for using Paypal, some do still it seems….

cp

Yes as a buyer PayPal doesn’t cost you anything?

It can cost you currency conversion fees and crap exchange rates.

Onzadog
    Free Member

It looks like action sports charge the same percentage fee for PayPal as they do for credit cards. As said above, the credit card gives a better currency conversion rate.

MSP

I don’t think paypal charge currency conversion fees, and they seem quite competitive on exchange rates, also give the option to charge in euros or pounds, so if you select euros your CC conversion rates will apply anyway.

Are you sure they don’t allow payment by CC directly, make sure you are viewing the site in English and not German, that can often change the payment options on German sites.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I found the cc payment option and went with that but there was a charge for doing so. I couldn’t find a dc payment option which I assume would incur less of a fee.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Shopping at ActionSports.de’ is closed to new replies.