Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Shooting/stabbing pain in arch of foot ???
  • renton
    Free Member

Hi all.

Ive been building up my running a bit over the past 5 weeks and apart from the odd pain in my leg have generally been pain free.

Last night I did a 6.5 km jog/run and was fine, however this morning when i got out of bed and stood up my right foot felt like i had stood on a knife or a nail.

The pain is specifically in the arch of my foot and towards the back of the arch just before my heel.

I have an area the size of a golf ball maybe slightly bigger that is very sore to touch.

the pain has eased over the course of the day but it still is sore really if im honest?

Any ideas what it is and whats caused it??

cheers

Steve

crikey
    Free Member
    Clink

Rest, ice and take it easy. I’ve got PF and had it for over a year(Despite physio, docs and podiatrist). Often from sudden increase in training. Rolling foot over bottle of ice works well and plenty of stretches (I use an old inner tube to pull foot back and it was free!! 😆 )

flatfish
    Free Member

Bloody hell Clink, I had PF and once it was diagnosed it to about a month to rid myself of it. Not had a problem since.

Mine came from 5 a side, I’d been playing for about 12 years and it came on virtually overnight, always the morning after football. Now been playing 5 a side for a further 3 years with no repeat.

See a podiatrist for footbeds and exercises.

renton
    Free Member

Argh I havent got time to rest lol.

need to be fit to do my fitness test in 5 weeks when i get back from Afghanistan !!!!

how about if i lay off the running for a week and do the x trainer instead!!

Selled
    Free Member

I had the same and after reading loads managed to rid it by stretching my Achilles every day!

Mintman
    Free Member

Just had exactly the same symptoms (started 4 weeks ago and recovery ongoing) and Physio and doc both diagnosed plantar fascitis. Solution appears to be Stretching, massage, ice, rolling foot on a golf ball, supportive inserts and no running/impact sport.

Annoying as my fitness test is due May but Physio is already talking about months to recover and medical downgrade!

Even swimming proves painful and only exercise I can do is cycling, abs and weights, so not all bad I suppose!

I was advised that I should be very careful; it’s easy to cause more damage.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Agree with all above. Put me out for 3 months last year and screwed my tri season.

Check your footwear as well. Innov-8s, great shoes but dont suit me and led to PF (among other things)

renton
    Free Member

these are the shoes i wear………
    Military & Army Boots

Mintman
    Free Member

For me it seems that changing from heel strike to ball striking when running either caused the damage or was enough to make it obvious.

The only advice I can give is get advice or you risk doing more harm than good and you may end up taking even longer to recover.

Clink

For me it seems that changing from heel strike to ball striking when running either caused the damage or was enough to make it obvious.

I did this and reckon it’s made my PF worse

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Shooting/stabbing pain in arch of foot ???’ is closed to new replies.