Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • shooting/beating/outdoors presents?
  • scaled
    Free Member

Looking for a present for my girlfriends cousin, were the only two men left in the family now so if we’re going to get anything good it’ll be from each other!

He loves shooting, spends most of his spare time at the local shoot looking after the birds and helping out in return for free run of the place.

He’s got all the usual cuff links/gun cases/hip flasks any man could need. Any ideas what would be good? Up to about 40 quid.

mightymule
    Free Member

As opposed to the illogical shoot?

😀

scaled
    Free Member

Half drunk typing on a tablet 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You can never have enough decent pairs of socks or gloves for shooting, I’d say.

Of course, this being HighHorseTrackWorld, it should be a t-shirt saying, “I murder raptors and kill kittens to death because I’m an evil shootist”. 😉

scaled
    Free Member

I was thinking socks, would sealskinz or the like get him laughed at like MTB spds in a chain gang?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No need for Sealkins if he has proper boots. If he shoots that often, he will have proper boots!

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Cartridges..

psling
    Free Member

A year’s subscription to the ALF… 😈 Or maybe a nice pocket knife (possibly over budget).

somafunk

If you know what gauge he shoots with you could get him a boxed gun cleaning kit or a cartridge belt, or what about a cartridge collector seat surprisingly useful if your mate helps out at the shoots or it comes in simple version without the seat part.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Waterproof wide brimmed hat, book (thats what I’ve just my bro who loves shooting, towelling scarf to stop the peessing rain going down your neck, hip flask or voucher from local gunshop.

somafunk

As CaptainFlasheart says, if he shoots a lot or is enthusiastic he’ll own a decent pair of Musto’s or La Chameau’s so no need for sealskins or suchlike.

slugwash
    Free Member

How about one of those Uniqlo ultralight down gilets in an earthy colour for a shade under forty notes? They fit nicely under a Barbour jacket and disappear into the poacher’s pocket when not needed. Post free as well at the moment 🙂

Scapegoat

Stockings, rain choker? Barbour do a nice pair of neoprene gloves, or I like my Sealksinz hunting gloves.

Browse here for some ideas
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?item=110727428704&_ssn=direct-shooting-supplies-ltd&_pgn=2&_skc=48&rt=nc

davidjones15
    Free Member

shooting/beating/outdoors presents?

I was going to say that this’d be fine until I re-read and saw it said presents. 🙄

user-removed
    Free Member

Goretex shooting cap – just got a Beretta one for my father in law ‘cos that’s what he asked for 🙂

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Game bag and or game carrier?

user-removed
    Free Member

High horse decoy?

😉

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Either a really nice bottle of Sloe Gin

Or a ‘king big bottle of normal gin and some bottles so he can make his own, and maybe a silver fork, Sloes for the pricking of as well.

PePPeR

A nice priest don’t see enough of them on shoots. Something like this would be good.

http://www.williamevans.com/Stag_Horn_Salmon_Priest~p~1285238173.htm

Even cheaper from eBay…

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=181037237950&index=4&nav=SEARCH&nid=16924660258

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘shooting/beating/outdoors presents?’ is closed to new replies.