Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)
  • Shooting in French Alps
  • hora
    Free Member

Deleted

globalti
    Free Member

You could so easily get mixed up in a crime scene. Many years ago Mrs Gti and I were walking in that valley down beside the M62 where it climbs up to the PW bridge at Blackstone Edge. Some hefty guys drove up the track in a van and parked a little beyond us, which was a odd but we ignored it. Next four equally useful looking blokes turned up in a car, parked just behind us, jumped out and raced up the track behind us. We assumed they were heading up for a chat with the van blokes but the moment when they caught up and overtook us was a little worrying.

Last Friday I pressed the call button on a lift for a public car park under a main square in Budapest. When the doors opened there was a dealer squatting on the floor sorting out some white powder in a silver foil package. My colleague and I got in and ignored him and he ignored us. Could have been different though.

hora
    Free Member

Yesyerday I was about to cross the road. Waited and let the truck past first. It could have different though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rudebwoy
    Free Member

yes– some people sail close to the wind, now i know how crappy films/books get their plot lines……….

Brycey
    Free Member

My mate (bella off here) who I go to France with; has a camper van, is an aneathesist and farts a lot. Should I be worried?

rudebwoy
    Free Member

very !

Brycey
    Free Member

I thought as much. I’ll need to sleep with one eye open from now on.

timc
    Free Member

LOLZ @ globalti

andyl
    Free Member

Off topic but the first thing I noticed when looking at the car is the passenger side bike rack appears to be missing the whole rear section:

or maybe the pic is a photochop?

I had expected bullet holes in the windscreen too.

Definitely looks like the car has been reversed hard into the bank.

Trekster

We spend a lot of time in the Alps in our motorhome in the summer, so the gassing/shooting thing is making me think. The gas think divides opinion. some people think it is rubbish, others think it happens all the time. Evidence is inconclusive either way.

Happened to a friend of mine. He had just retired and decided to tour France for a bit as a first time abroad caravener. It is also quite common at dockyard truck stops, again have friends who are euro transport drivers

CountZero

AFAIK, they took one bike for the eldest girl to ride. What possible reason would there be to ‘shop the carrier out? You can clearly see the original photo structure, if it had been ‘shopped there would be noticeable blurring of the pixels.
    The assailants wouldn’t fire at the screen, too steeply raked, to much risk of ricochets. Much easier to shoot through the flat, un-reinforced side windows. Plus they would have to reach across the bonnet and shoot down to clear the dash; the first reaction would be for the occupants to duck down.
    That’s my take, thinking logically.

mandog
    birky
    Free Member

Alps shootings: Bomb squad arrive at Saad al-Hilli home 😯

Surrey Police have evacuated neighbours and closed the road around the home of Saad al-Hilli, amid concerns over items found at the house in Claygate.

carbon337
    Free Member

Its like real life Bourne or Spooks. Looking more likely like a hit of some sorts if this bomb is acccurate

CountZero

It just gets wierder…

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)

The topic ‘Shooting in French Alps’ is closed to new replies.