Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 105 total)
  • Shoot the man or the lion?
  • CheesybeanZ

Shot the man and the lions – with tranquilizers .

andyl
    Free Member

I think the only real thing to say is it’s just a very sad event all round and both having lions in zoos and people in that kind of state is a sad reflection of the world we have created.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Zero chance I would shoot the lions. He climbed into the pen and when the lions ignored him he provoked them.

Junkyard
    Free Member

So we shoot or let people die who have mental health problems? Classy.

Or we shoot and kill two innocent animals hence the dilemma.

Yes he was ill but that is not the lions fault and I don’t think they should pay the price for his mental health issues anymore than I should have to.

Of course he is a victim but he is “less” innocent than the lions in the sense that what he created the situation so he is the “guilty” one.

Its a hard one for sure but why would you should the innocent party and two of them?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I love how caring people on here are to those with mental health issues.

How do we know the individual had mental problems?

jimjam
    Free Member

This could genuinely be the perfect forum thread, I don’t believe there is any kind of right answer but just enough info to let the opinions fly.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

jimjam – Member
    This could genuinely be the perfect forum thread, I don’t believe there is any kind of right answer but just enough info to let the opinions fly.

Shoot the man.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

How do we know the individual had mental problems?

“climbed into a lion enclosure, stripped naked and taunted them into attacking him”

I agree with Drac

jimjam
    Free Member

Frankenstein

Shoot the man

Without knowing more about you can’t say that though. He might have just had a hard night on the vodka-redbull and buckfast and took such a savage fear that he wanted to end it. We’ve all been there.

Plus there are parts of Africa where they have such a surplus of lions they are bringing in snipers to cull them. So it’s not as if the bastards are a precious commodity.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

“climbed into a lion enclosure, stripped naked and taunted them into attacking him”

I agree with Drac

Again. How do we know the individual had mental problems? He may well have, but he might have just thought **** it, I am going to get taken out by lions. We just don’t know.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Seems more rational than putting on explosive underwear and getting on public transport.

chewkw
    Free Member

😆 @ some of the quick editing. I saw that! 😮

Bottom line, there is no justification in shooting the lions regardless of the person’s mental health.

You can pry him off the lions mouth but you do not shoot the lions dead.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Looks like the mods just tranquilised a few posts 8)

Speeder

What an excellent result. 🙄

The sooner we start treating all species with equal respect the better.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Looks like the mods just tranquilised a few posts

🙂 phew!

edhornby

Why did the zoo not have enough tranquilliser?

Good luck to the person who has to aim and shoot another person, who isn’t armed and not trying to kill you. Do you want to be the person to actually decide this is a good idea and then do it yourself and be totally fine about it afterwards? Fancy some PTSD when your subconscious decides it wasn’t a good idea after all?

km79
    Free Member

If they guy was depressed and wanted to die, maybe he really liked lions and thought that would be best way to end it.

Think how more depressed he is gonna be when he wakes up and learns that the lions died and not him.

Where next? The crocodile enclosure?

jimjam
    Free Member

If we’re keeping with the same theme I’m guessing grizzly bear. They go for the face. But more likely pills.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

If he really wanted to be creative, he could recreate how Mr Hands went out.

squirrelking
    Free Member

How do we know the individual had mental problems? He may well have, but he might have just thought **** it, I am going to get taken out by lions. We just don’t know.

Are you **** serious? Read that again and tell me that doesn’t look like the most ridiculous post yet.

As for some of the rest of you. Classy. That’s someone’s son, possibly husband or boyfriend, get some **** perspective. Nobody in their right mind does something like this. Selfish doesn’t even come into it, when you’re thinking that way you aren’t being rational, oddly enough.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Are you **** serious? Read that again and tell me that doesn’t look like the most ridiculous post yet.

Which bit?

athgray
    Free Member

squirrelking has hit in on the head. Are some of you the sort of person that likes goading suicide jumpers. We talk about raising the awareness of mental health issues and we have this attitude.

How many have read the report. It seems as if the tranquilizer was intended for the lions. If they man is hit and then the lions set on the man, then sorry as far as I am voncerned the persons life takes prescedence. This was happening infront of a large crowd remember. Who would wish to witness or allow their children to witness someone being mauled by a lion?
    This is a sorry affair, but I am sure that the right decision was made in the end by the shooter.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Which bit?

The bit where you say he might not have mental health issues but then thought he wanted to die anyway. That bit.

DezB
    Free Member

This forum is so predictable sometimes.
    So there’s this event, on the other side of the world, (which, to be honest, may not have actually happened) (or might as well have not, for all the difference it’ll make to our lives) you only have vague information about. Someone types some crap about it and you get all sanctimonious and try to prove how much better a person you are than them…. so weird. So predictable.

squirrelking
    Free Member

you get all sanctimonious and try to prove how much better a person you are than them

Or, better informed. Give it a go, you might learn something useful that could save someones life one day.

andyl
    Free Member

Plus there are parts of Africa where they have such a surplus of lions they are bringing in snipers to cull them. So it’s not as if the bastards are a precious commodity.

Surplus by who’s definition and cause? I suspect it’s too many in a confined area as the have been restricted to that area due to hunting and its too near a human population. ie both problems caused by humans.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Erm…

Most lions now live in eastern and southern Africa, and their numbers there are rapidly decreasing, with an estimated 30–50% decline per 20 years in the late half of the twentieth century

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion#Population_and_conservation_status

The bit where you say he might not have mental health issues but then thought he wanted to die anyway. That bit.

I stand by it. Until the facts come out, we cannot know for sure what his mental state is.

dazh

Has anyone mentioned the 3rd option of not having places where we put wild animals in cages so people can pay to gawp at them? Just a thought…

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

In an ideal world that would be the case, Daz. But sadly the increase in poaching, even in national parks, means zoos play an important part in conservation now.

athgray
    Free Member

I stand by it. Until the facts come out, we cannot know for sure what his mental state is.

Do you let a person get mauled by lions infront of a crowd of adults and children whilst waiting to find out?

jimjam
    Free Member

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/blog.html?b=news.nationalpost.com/news/world/zimbabwe-park-warns-it-may-shoot-200-surplus-lions-now-that-big-game-hunters-are-staying-home

bongohoohaa

Well when he wakes up with no genitals he’ll be mad, that’s for sure.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Do you let a person get mauled by lions infront of a crowd of adults and children whilst waiting to find out?

In preference to shooting the lions? I know what the kids would prefer.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Until the facts come out, we cannot know for sure what his mental state is.

Do you really need this spelled out for you?

NOBODY in their right mind decides to end their own life. FFS.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Well when he wakes up with no genitals he’ll be mad, that’s for sure.

So we’re 100% on the no genitals thing?

What about assisted suicide? I’m not saying the lions were supplied by Dignitas, but to say people only end their lives if they are not in their right mind is a bit of a generalised statement.

km79
    Free Member

It was good enough for the Romans.

Drac

Again. How do we know the individual had mental problems? He may well have, but he might have just thought **** it, I am going to get taken out by lions. We just don’t know.

So they should have waited until he had been seen by a psychologist before deciding on what to do.

athgray
    Free Member

It was good enough for the Romans.

Yeah, and what did they ever do for us eh?

jimjam
    Free Member

squirrelking

No virgins for you then sucka!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Yeah, and what did they ever do for us eh?

Well, there was the aqueduct…

squirrelking
    Free Member

What about assisted suicide? I’m not saying the lions were supplied by Dignitas, but to say people only end their lives if they are not in their right mind is a bit of a generalised statement.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘Shoot the man or the lion?’ is closed to new replies.