Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 105 total)
  • Shoot the man or the lion?
  • bongohoohaa
    Free Member

A man who climbed into a lion enclosure, stripped naked and taunted them into attacking him was shot with a tranquiliser dart by zookeepers trying to save him from a near-fatal mauling.

Visitors to Santiago’s Metropolitan Zoo in Chile watched aghast as staff eventually shot and killed two of the lions with live ammunition. The man had been carrying what appeared to be a suicide note, authorities said.

…continued

Personally, I think they should have just shot the dude/let the lions finish the meal. Although, they could offer target practice to the zookeepers so everyone survives next time.

mtbfix

Personally, I think they should have just shot the dude/let the lions finish the meal

We’ll put you at the top of the list of volunteers to tidy up his remains and inform his family too? Of course you shoot the lions.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

We’ll put you at the top of the list of volunteers to tidy up his remains and inform his family too?

I’ll get the mop.

mikey74
    Free Member

Of course you shoot the lions.

No, no you don’t: The guy was being stupid. I’m struggling to see what the lions have done wrong. Even if they had attached and killed the bloke, they still shouldn’t have been shot.

bearnecessities

stripped naked

The Loin King.

Edit: I really do post some shit.

DezB
    Free Member

They should’ve let the lions eat him if that’s what he wanted. Killing the lions isn’t right.

fasthaggis

Dart the man,lions and Bongo.
    Get man to safety and leave bongo to explain to the lions what some humans are like. 😛

mikey74
    Free Member

I’ve just read the zoo’s excuse is “we don’t have any fast-acting tranquillisers”: I’d say “grub’s up” Simba.

Bregante

The guy was being stupid.

Or unwell.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Lions , sorry . Thems the breaks

taxi25
    Free Member

Guys a total tool ( probably very ill sadley )
    and certainly the lions have done nothing wrong. But of course you’d have to shoot them to preserve human life !!!!

mikey74
    Free Member

Or unwell.

Yeah, I read he was having psychological problems after I posted that.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Get man to safety and leave bongo to explain to the lions what some humans are like.

The mane issue with this, is my pride would get in the way, and I’d end up lion to them.

Houns

It’s a tough one, id err on saving the lions

DezB
    Free Member

psychological problems..? Pretty much gathered that from the OP’s post. Killing the animals ain’t gonna fix his brain.

bearnecessities

Some of you should show some simbathy.

jimjam
    Free Member

You have to imagine it would be somehow possible to shoot the lions sub lethally to scare them but who knows. Without seeing a video I can’t fully put on my “internet lion/suicide expert” hat.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Some of you should show some simbathy.

Aslan as people keep making bad puns, I just can’t see that happening.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Shoot the stupid dude 🙄

Drac

psychological problems..? Pretty much gathered that from the OP’s post. Killing the animals ain’t gonna fix his brain.

Letting him get mauled by Lions won’t do much good either. It’s a shame for the Lions though.

atlaz
    Free Member

You have to imagine it would be somehow possible to shoot the lions sub lethally to scare them but who knows

I’d imagine pissed off wounded lion is far more dangerous.

chewkw
    Free Member

Shoot the man or the lion?

Poor lions … a sad day.

The correct answer is of course you do nothing.

jimjam
    Free Member

chewkw –

The correct answer is: of course you do nothing but start filming the entire situation live with

Ah ye bastard, you made me click the link hoping for a video. Iz disappoint.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Numbers.
    Simplez
    More of us than them.
    So Darwinism rules.

chewkw
    Free Member

jimjam – Member

chewkw –
    The correct answer is: of course you do nothing but start filming the entire situation live with

Ah ye bastard, you made me click the link hoping for a video. Iz disappoint. [/quote]
    You are quick to ninja quote me. 😯

I have just edited my response because someone might be too sensitive and may blame the situation on me.

There you go … let nature take it’s course.

Poor poor lions now I have to shed tears for the lions.

jimjam
    Free Member

Apparently lions will eat your cock and balls first and it appears one of the lions was doing just that. Guy might wish they’d shot him. If he survives.

chewkw
    Free Member

jimjam – Member
    Apparently lions will eat your cock and balls first and it appears one of the lions was doing just that. Guy might wish they’d shot him. If he survives.

Delicacy or just the weakest part of the body?

My suggestion to him is, if he is alive he should swim with the Nile crocodiles or standing at the bank of the river trashing the water where Nile crocodiles are about.

ninfan
    Free Member

Did the lions have names? We all know that animal lives only really matter when they have charismatic names.

I hope the bloke wasn’t a dentist…

jimjam
    Free Member

chewkw

Delicacy or just the weakest part of the body?

Soft floppy snack I suppose.

ninfan

Did the lions have names? We all know that animal lives only really matter when they have charismatic names.

Well these were zoo lions so they will almost certainly have names and due to their regular exposure with humans they’ll have probably adopted a lot of our better traits. Empathy, humour love of music and the arts, capitalism……basically human lions. Just like Cecile.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

they’ll have probably adopted a lot of our better traits

I heard their enclosure was heated with a wood burner.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Why would they shoot the lions? Sounded like a consensual arrangement between lions and suicidal bloke.

mudmuncher

Shoot the lion unfortunately.

This man was obviously very unwell and as a consequence of his illness he ended up in a lion enclosure, through no fault of his own. I.e. If he wasn’t ill and of rational mind he wouldn’t of done this.

CountZero

Entirely wrong the lions were killed, bit of a shame for the bloke, but it’s his choice to die that way, stupid or not.
    Think of it as evolution in action.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

You tranqualise the lions first and hope for the best, posting youtube clip of consequences.

Shooting the lions? No, mentally ill man or not, the lions did not deserve that. They were doing what lions do, in the enclosure provided by the zoo.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Hard call but it very difficult to decide

I have great sympathy for the mentally ill person trying to commit suicide but its seems very unfair to harm animals, doing what they do, for his actions.

Tough one tbh.

billysugger
    Free Member

Save the ammo and turn around.

Earths overpopulated and we often forget we’re just animals with more intelligence but no more right to be here.

andyl
    Free Member

Surely you video it on your camera phone and upload it to youtube?

Then when it gets taken down from youtube it will be forever preserved on ogrish.com? (if that still exists and is not riddled with p0rn these days)

Call me unsympathetic but there are plenty more people in the world than Lions, but for me the choice would have to be if out in the wild, with wild lions that are able to live and breed – try and scare away the lions to stop them attacking humans as that will only lead to more being shot but if it comes down to it let them have their lunch if someone is stupid enough to get too close on purpose.

In a zoo, the lions are probably not enjoying themselves anyway but I’d be still tempted to tranq the guy and then get someone to try and distract the lions with meat etc and try and drag the incapacitated guy out by his ankles but I guess you have to be prepared to take down the lions 🙁

He may well be ill but it’s still a stupid and selfish thing to do that has now cost 2 lions their lives. This is going to sound really callous but if you are going to kill yourself there are are far less selfish ways to do it. The effect of suicides on other people (someone who hits/finds your body, emergency services, family and friends you leave behind) is horrific and pointless and yes it is very sad when someone gets that far and one would hope they would get some help before they do it but to do something like that which is going to be in front of families and cause harm to innocent endangered animals is just selfish.

Drac

So we shoot or let people die who have mental health problems? Classy.

simondbarnes

I love how caring people on here are to those with mental health issues.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I’d be bloody annoyed at anyone who stopped me committing suicide. Particularly if they killed a lion in the process.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘Shoot the man or the lion?’ is closed to new replies.