Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Shoot or Ride
  • ant0463
    Free Member

Just thought I’d share a few photos from my local trails. Since purchasing an SLR camera, I’ve been caught between the want to ride trails hard, and hunger for shooting good photos.

Former usually wins, but there are those occasions: –

Balblair MTB Trails: Autumn Riding by Anthony Round, on Flickr

Balblair MTB Trails; Cloud Inversion by Anthony Round, on Flickr

Highland Wildcats: Winter Riding by Anthony Round, on Flickr

With a lot of riding planned for this year, I’m going to have to find a good balance.

Anthony.

captainsideburns
    Free Member

Nice photos. I say you make more time for the SLR!

fathomer

Not remotely envious of your local riding, honest! Nice pics as well.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    flyingmonkeycorps

Tricky innit! On rides where I plan on enjoying the riding more, I just take my S95 (which still takes great photos) and when I plan on doing “proper” photos I’ll take an SLR, couple of lenses and sometimes a flash or two (I’m getting more into off camera flash, when I remember to put batteries in my remote!) and accept that I’m not going to be chucking myself around quite so much.

bajsyckel

Great pics, love you local riding. If every day were like those there’d be plenty of time for both.

teasel
    Free Member

Third pic is superb.

spacemonkey

Excellent pics. Which SLR?

ant0463
    Free Member

Thanks! The third picture was actually just taken with my Canon PowerShot SX210, which I take on pretty much every ride.

SLR is just an entry level Canon 1100D, which I’m trying to master. Bought a LowePro Sport 200aw to take the slr on the rides, but regardless a fall at the likes of Balblair or Golspie would be the end of it me thinks.

johnellison
    Free Member

Bought a LowePro Sport 200aw

Been thinking about one of these myself, any good?

ant0463
    Free Member

Been thinking about one of these myself, any good?

I think it depends on the terrain you’re riding. Excellent for XC riding, and if you’re into hiking but I don’t know how well it would protect the camera with a fall; which when riding at a trail centre there is every possibility.

I have taken it, but regress into some sort of timid creature when doing so.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Shoot or Ride’ is closed to new replies.