Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Shoes for flats and clipless
  • pinch_flat
    Free Member

So I’ve recently tried again on flats and have been getting on with them better than I thought. However this was on a pair of five ten clipless shoes with the cleats removed, the shoes now need replacing and I’m wondering if there are any shoes that can do both without leaving a gaping hole where the cleats should be- I’m sure I’ve seen a pair of 5 10’s that had a removable cleat cap that screwed into the cleat plate.
    Anyone got any ideas?

vmgscot

My old 5.10 Hellcats were like that

pinch_flat
    Free Member

Yeah I thought it was a 5.10 thing. Unfortunately the hellcat page on the 5.10 website doesn’t show any signs of what I’m thinking of.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ultimateweevil
    Free Member

The 5.10 clipless shoes are the Raven and Maltese Falcon. Think both have the recessed hole for the spd cleat

pinch_flat
    Free Member

Yeah I know the clipless range. But I’m sure I’ve seen a pair of shoes that I think were 5.10 that had a bolt on ‘cap’ so that you can cover up the cleat hole if your using the shoes with flats.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

They did come with a screw on cover (well, the new ones I had did).

That said however, based on use, they would do pretty good job of putting you off riding flats. They are terrible compared to a ‘normal’ 5-10 – the sole is so thick & the shoe is so clumpy you can barely feel a thing.

Save yourself the bother. Buy a set of secondhand normal 5-10’s to try. If you don’t like it, sell them.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Shoes for flats and clipless’ is closed to new replies.