Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Shoes for flats
  • desboy3
    Free Member

I’ve narrowed it down to either 5ten Freeriders or Shimano AM40s. I see them both at the same price so any advice or views appreciated! I know the Shimano come up a few sizes short do the 5tens? Thanks!

BoardinBob

Can’t speak for the 5-10s but I have the AM40s and they’re excellent. Sizing is fine. I’m a 9 and I bought them in a 9 and they fit perfectly

sambob
    Free Member

5:10’s don’t appear to last very long. My Shimano AM40’s have lasted more than a year in the peaks and still look pretty good.

jimjam
    Free Member

I had to go up a full uk size with AM 40s. With 5 10s they were normal. Much to be said for both shoes. Am40s are lighter, and dry out quicker, but are more fragile and not as grippy. Less than 6 months in, the soles started to come off mine and all the outer coating meaning they let lots of water in. 5 10s are much more durable, (one pair lasted me 3 years) much grippier but take an age to dry out and are quite heavy.

I liked inner ankle protection and very stiff sole on the am40s too. Currently trying out the new Vans Gravel bike shoe – so far they seem to be the best yet, time will tell if they can stand up to much abuse.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

My Am40s are a year old and still look like new 🙂

Really grippy, warm, and comfortable

Olly
    Free Member

love my 5:10s

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Shoes for flats’ is closed to new replies.