Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Shoes for flat pedals
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ve taken a leap and bought some flat pedals to go on my new fat bike, basically for pootling round the woods with my little lad and probably putting a seat on the back for the other one.

I may even use them for proper rides, but you never know.

So what flat shoes would you recommend? Something that’s good to walk in off the bike and would have a decent level of grip in sloppier conditions. Nothing too expensive if I’m honest.

jam-bo

for what you describe? anything.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Not everything has to be MTB specific. For what you describe, save the cash and use an old pair of trainers.

Also, what is too expensive? STW has caught me out before. We talking about £40-50, right? Or is this going to be like when a cheap watch to STW was £50+, rather than £10 🙂

mark90
    Free Member

I’ve just got a pair of these for biking/walking, grip well enough on flats, early days can’t comment on durability. White cuff/lining not ideal on a trail shoe though.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/arpenaz-500-mens-walking-shoes-beige-blue-leather-id_8322866.html

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Ohh. They look just like Scarpa Mojitos.

chiefgrooveguru

Any skate shoes. No need for MTB shoes. Running shoes won’t be so good.

steve_b77
    Free Member

mark90 – Member
    I’ve just got a pair of these for biking/walking, grip well enough on flats, early days can’t comment on durability. White cuff/lining not ideal on a trail shoe though.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/arpenaz-500-mens-walking-shoes-beige-blue-leather-id_8322866.html

They look ideal, thanks.

I like the look of the khaki / orange ones

mark90
    Free Member

They look just like Scarpa Mojitos.

Yeh obvious copies at 1/3 the price, thought I’d give them a try.

I like the look of the khaki / orange ones

Me too. They only had the brown and grey when I bought mine.

chakaping
    Free Member

Aldi have got some walking shoes in for £15/pair ATM.

Just got a set to replace my £10 Aldi boots that had split, after a year of sterling dog walking service.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Shoes for flat pedals’ is closed to new replies.