Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • SHOES !!! For bloke with the wrong sized Feet.
  • mthemadhatter
    Free Member

I recently got myself a pair of Shimano M200’s thrown in with my new Bike. All good except I seem to have fallen through the cracks when it comes to Shimano’s sizing.

My feet are two big for size 47 and I can’t get the 48 to stop moving around on my foot, no matter how tight they are. There seems to be a massive jump in sizes.

To cut a long story short I am trying to work out Scotts sizing as the LBS would be able to order a pair in but only if I am sure they will fit. And of course there are no other shops stocking Scott let alone in my size.

I was looking at the SCOTT MTB Shr-alp RS as an alternative.

I have quite narrow feet.

Any thoughts ?

montgomery
    Free Member

I have size 50 feet and envy your trivial problems finding footwear.

Forget LBS for this – unfortunate but true. Go to a big online retailer and search via the filters – mtb/in stock/size – so for CR you currently have 82 different options, precisely 80 more than I do. Order a couple of pairs either size, try ’em on, send back the ones that don’t fit free of charge.

Not sure if this link will work, but here goes.

mthemadhatter
    Free Member

Yes…

But remember I have not paid for the M200’s so buying elsewhere would mean me selling them.

Admittedly this would be a little easier, but I am not going to get the full value for them. Hence why I am trying to find out what the sizing is like with Scott shoes. If that’s a non starter then I would go down the route of selling the M200’s

GHill

[list][*]Abandon morals[/*]
    [*]Order some shoes online from place with free returns[/*]
    [*]Decide upon the right shoes[/*]
    [*]Return shoes to online retailer[/*]
    [*]Get LBS to order the same shoes[/*][/list]

nemesis
    Free Member

I have wide feet.

More to the point though, Scott and Shimano shoes in 48 are right for me so I would suggest that the sizing is the same

timber

Insoles, spacers, whatever to make fit adjustments if your feet are that different.

I badly broke my leg as a teen, the foot that side is just over a size smaller as a result, so most of my right shoes have some sort of extra fill.

Or what GHill said.

oldnpastit

Don’t Shimano shoes now come in a narrow and a wide fitting?

mthemadhatter
    Free Member

I might go with GHill’s suggestion

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘SHOES !!! For bloke with the wrong sized Feet.’ is closed to new replies.