Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • shoes coming uncliped from spd
  • milkyman
    Free Member

my shoes keep coming unclipped quite easily, I fitted new cleats and pedals at the same time ages ago so they have had a lot of use, I have wound the screw right in so its a max now, so do I replace pedals and cleats or does one wear out before the other
    cheers
    craig

therevokid
    Free Member

cleats wear first. .. swap em for some new, but watch the tension screw 😉

scotroutes

Shimano?

New cleat time. Make sure you go for single-release and not multi-release though (assuming that’s what you’ve been using)

gavstorie
    Free Member

Shimano?

New cleat time. Make sure you go for single-release and not multi-release though (assuming that’s what you’ve been using)

black cleats (sh-51) are single release Silver cleats (sh-56) are multi release.

I prefer the multi release.. you do need to run with more tension than the single release but they are much easier to get released from when you need it.

antigee

black cleats (sh-51) are single release Silver cleats (sh-56) are multi release.

cheers live and learn – thought it was just cosmetic! have “silver” on a couple of pairs and used for many years but some black ones in the spares box and that’s where they’ll stay now

Dibbs
    Free Member

Multi-release are horrible, coming unclipped when you least expect it. 😕

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘shoes coming uncliped from spd’ is closed to new replies.