Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Shoe recommendation: Trail running/hiking shoe which can be used on flat pedals?
  • nixon
    Free Member

After some advice/recommendations please; I’m looking for a general purpose pair of shoes which can be used for anything from walking around town to hiking while also working on flat pedals. And no garish colours, I’d prefer black/greyish, nearly all of the hiking/trail running shoes I’ve seen are practically neon. I realise this is rather specific, but anything springing to mind? I’m size UK 9.5/EU 44 by the way.
    Cheers

killirider
    Free Member

Hiking rather than running. I use 5-10 Guide Tennies on the bike. They are sold as climbing approach shoes and have some fairly sticky rubber on them.

Ioneonic

SALOMON XA Pro 3D (or GTX version which is waterproof) come in black and are excellent for walking/running and work reasonably on flats. I am 9.5 generally and take 9.5 in these.
    However I find shoes with a tread are not as good as flat soled shoes so I prefer these when I’m just going for a ride. Adidas Terrex Solo
    I have them in black but needed 10.5 size (I have wide feet and like extra space in the toe area when riding). The grip and feel are substantially better on these, but wouldn’t be so comfortable for long walks/kicking a ball about with the kids etc.

mattbee

5 Ten Camp Four have done the job for me. Nice sticky rubber, good approach/light climbing/mooching about shoe & work well with flat pedals.

nixon
    Free Member

Thanks for the recommendations peoples, just ordered a pair of the Salomon XA Pro 3D GTX, the Five Tens look like very good shoes but I prefer the styling of the Salomons. Cheers!

benp1

Good stuff

Any approach shoe will work pretty well – Salomon, Merrell, 5.10 etc

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Shoe recommendation: Trail running/hiking shoe which can be used on flat pedals?’ is closed to new replies.