Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Shockwiz app
  • ajaj
    Free Member
    Onzadog
    Free Member

Like many apps, its got you over a barrel.

simondbarnes

Don’t install it. Go and ride your bike.

lustyd
    Free Member

I can think of good reasons for all of those so seems reasonable to me.

kiksy
    Free Member

If you’re not happy with any of those, just deny access?

timidwheeler

If you’re not happy with any of those, just deny access?

If you do that, your £400 of hardware becomes useless.

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

I found the shockwiz useless anyway. Take it back for the £££. Unless you’ve got hours of riding and adjusting time to burn it’s pointless. Takes so long to get anything meaningful out of it.

When I eventually got through it all my own settings were pretty much what it recommended. I think it’s ok for complete novices but if you have any idea on what you want your sus to do it’s a waste of time.

£400 in your pocket is always welcome isn’t it?!

Best of luck

jam-bo

^^^^

Glad I only borrowed one.

Onzadog
    Free Member

My experience of shockwiz is totally different. I’ve got a good idea what I’m doing and my own settings weren’t too far off what shockwiz suggested.

I’m currently using it to get a measure of what difference I’m making adjusting the compression shim stack in my pike.

Leku
    Free Member

I don’t remember the iphone app asking for any of that.

I share one with 2 mates. It’s made setting up the new bike much easier.

jam-bo

True. And I remember having to take screenshots to save any info

simonloco
    Free Member

How much? 😮

You could get a half day with JTech and proper data logger for half that I would have thought 😮

tomhoward

How much?

You could get a half day with JTech and proper data logger for half that I would have thought

And if you have more than one bike/there’s a group of you?

simonloco
    Free Member

Use the skills & info learn from your course to set them up? 😆

LittleNose
    Free Member

I fall neatly into the category of having no idea what my sus is doing – so for me I found the little gadget brilliant. I understand that it makes no sense if you already knew what your suspension was up to and knew what to change.
    For me, it turns out that my setup was a little way out and I had no idea what to do with it… it now runs a lot better, and I had a beneficial step change in my confidence on the bike.

orangewinger
    Free Member

I’m finding mine very helpful. I’ve been riding a long time but my Pikes were feeling pretty bad. It’s been a long process as I tend to ride and the make a change the following week. So far I’ve added two tokens and dropped about 30psi from the settings on the leg for my weight. The fork is feeling much better now. I have the rear shock to do and then my other bikes. I wouldn’t have been able to do this by just hiring one, I’ve been using it since October.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Shockwiz app’ is closed to new replies.