Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 122 total)
  • shockwiz
  • andybrad

Does anyone know if these are available to hire yet?

carlos
    Free Member

Pretty sure I saw something about available to hire soon at 18Bikes in Hope. Might have been on their FB page

Edit – Yup. defo on FB page. says get in touch for hire details, although its not due in until March/April

wwaswas

Ubyk get them on 27th March.

andybrad

is that to sell waswas?

ive had good service from them recently.

wwaswas

they’re taking pre-orders now to guarantee you get one of the first batch.

One of the groups I ride with have done a ‘group buy’ on one chipping in £30 each.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

it’s Sweden but they are available here and for hire now, so shouldn’t be different in the UK? if it is I blame Brexit

simonbowns
    Free Member

Yep – we (18 Bikes) have a couple of units on backorder ready to go out as hire units. Showing as due end of March, but we all know which direction due dates tend to nudge.

Email us on info@18bikes.co.uk if you’d like to be kept in the loop on that one.

Cheers for the mention Carlos!

peaslaker
    Free Member

Got my Shockwiz today. 1x normal. 1x direct mount

First question: what is the plural of Shockwiz? Maybe a collective noun. A brace?

The combo of one normal and one direct wasn’t thought through.

Haven’t opened the direct one yet as I now hear it is intended for upside-down forks (info not available when I ordered) but I can see it having some value as a problem solver for (amongst other applications) the Mondraker Foxy rear which is a difficult and overcrowded location.

The box on the direct says it has hoses too, but I’ve not investigated yet. To open or not to open? Direct + impact = broken, so not sure whether to just send it back and join the queue for a second normal. It would really help to know if it had hoses.

Just going through the calibration exercise in a couple of scenarios. First impressions are that the app (Android) is high quality and connectivity is swift and robust and ready for serving multiple Shockwiz (that plural again). There are well thought out touches in the app; you can rename the Shockwiz (pl) and mark them with say a dab of paint to colour code – useful when swapping between bikes; you can also flash the LEDs on an individual Shockwiz using the app to identify it.

I’m going to get on with calibrating and test fitting to see how many scenarios I can cover with the normal. Also liking that you can analyse collected data against each target “tuning style” in turn, so you can happily start out aiming for, say, “Playful” and crosscheck rider feedback with the other tunes.

wwaswas

Ubyk have started shipping units now.

simonbowns
    Free Member

our two demo units arrived today too, looks like stock arrived end of last week with Zisher.

kimbers

how are people getting on with them

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

I have one and would hire it out to regulars on here and use Swinley. Have my Capra alll set up now.

kimbers

Cheers Alex, not local to swinley now, I’ll see if i can find an lbs

Bigmantrials

I am sure I have seen Swinnertons at Cannock have a couple for hire, £40 for both or £25 for one I think.

Rickos
    Free Member

Sprung Suspension in FoD also hire these out. For front and rear with set up and advice on the results I think they said it was £50 for the day (might be wrong on that).

Home

prawny

Swinleys at Cannock definitely have them. I’d hire one, but I don’t think my Sektors have enough adjustment to make it worth the money.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Voltz in Blidworth, Nottinghamshire have two in stock that they rent out.

bruneep

Those who have used it, how far out were your settings? Did changing to the shockwiz settings improve anything?

canopy
    Free Member

i saw on their feed that amped cycleworx in somerest has one (for hire)

kimbers

anyone nearer to milton keynes?

kimbers
    GolfChick
    Free Member

I know overspoke in bewdley have one of these to hire, will definitely get one hired once I have my new forks installed. Nice to be able to see and remove the guess work from whats going on with suspension!

muggomagic

I’m really pleased with just how much better my bike feels since using the shockwiz.
    My idea of setting up shocks is generally to set it up using the manufacturers settings then ride it as it is and I just get used to how it feels. So the improvement might be greater for someone like me than someone who spends time tinkering with their set up.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Or if your in London, I work in White City right between White City and Wood Lane tube stations

kimbers

sent you a message alexander

cheers

bruneep

Ok i’m intrigued in this any shop do a postal rental? I doubt I’ll get anything in aberdeen.

z1ppy

Cheers for the heads up Golfchick, overspoke are charging £25 for the day (collect return on the same day). Definitely gunna give it a go

Lummox

Anyone know of a Hampshire based shop doing this? Tried google searches but to no avail

muggomagic

Pretty sure Riders Guild have them (not Hampshire but close enough)

uberscott

Depending on whereabouts in Hampshire you are, Mountain Trax near Swinley Forest has them for hire.

simonbowns
    Free Member

We’ve had demand for sending out our loan Shockwiz, it’s something we’re now offering. £50/week, plus £10 if you need it sending out.

Click here!

kimbers

well alexandersupertramp very kindly lent me his

its been very interesting

My pikes were pretty much set up fine according to shockwizz, I think the luftkappe really helps, rather than my flooks-like knowledge,

The dhx on the rear was a different, Id put an evol can so initially had to chuck in loads of PSI to get the sag right at 30%
    I knew this was a problem, even after an uplift day Id been unable to get full travel and it was ramping up a lot at the end
    A service of the avvy damper at sprung hadnt helped, after chatting with jake there he recomended dropping psi from the piggy back, which worked a treat it really helped me get it right.
    Though the perfect shockwizz setup was different depending on fast n flowy trails vs big and jumpy ones

anyway really interesting, learnt a lot about how changing pressure affects rebound/compression etc

only downer, turns out after much faffing that it doesnt work with my manitou towers on the hardtail- apparently the +ve & -ve chambers are filled simultaneously and this messes with shockwizz.

oikeith

Schoolboy question, I am curious to try a shockwiz as I generally just set up both fork and shock at 30%, but my forks dont have separate high and low speed compression, just compression and my rear shock is the same.

Would it be a waste of time, money and effort to use one knowing I couldn’t apply the recommended LSC and HSC?

poah
    Free Member

Will help with air pressure – 30% isn’t the perfect figure.

Andy_K

I’m hiring one from my local shop tomorrow for two weeks, we’re away riding next week, and I’ve got about 4 bikes I want to have a go at. Should be interesting!

muggomagic

You can either ignore those recommendations and just adjust the other settings or if you really want to you could send it off to TF tuned or somewhere similar and get them to make the adjustments to the compression by reshimming or whatever it is.
    I generally set my suspension up according to the manufacturers settings and the shockwiz made a big difference to the feel of my bike and that was just by adjusting ramp, pressure and rebound.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Does anyone in the Cheshire / Manchester area have a direct mount, presume this is required for RS1’s available for hire?

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Anyone else been fettling with a Shockwiz?

stayhigh

Shockwiz curious ( 😯 )

Does anyone know of they have them to hire at Coed y Brenin or Cannock?

Paceman
    Free Member

I’ll be Shockwizing this week, will report back in due course. I’m very OCD about my set-up so interested to see if the gizmo colluded with my own settings that I’ve spent many a ride tweaking to my liking.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 122 total)

The topic ‘shockwiz’ is closed to new replies.