Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • shocking sizes!
  • Nick_Christy
    Free Member

just bought some winter tyres 😉

maxxis swampthings. i cant believe the difference between them and my other tyres!

i got maxxis advantage 2.4 and they are a little bigger than the swampthing 2.5!!!

my kenda nevegal is near double of the 2.5 swampthings!!! hope its normal 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I hope you planning to go with gravity with them! I remember ploughing along roads linking trails with the sound of the tarmac being ripped up under the super tackys!

The shape of the maxxis stuff makes the sizes look funny

_tom_
    Free Member

Speaking of massive tyres I took my mtb out on my usual road route today, it feels SO sluggish compared to the road bike with super skinny tyres. As in, I didn’t even enjoy it it was that slow :\

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

yes its ok , they are for my dh bike 😉

Northwind

Maxxis sizes are all over the place, I’ve never really worked it out but it seems like old designs are ridiculously undersized while new designs come up at least as big as they claim. They make great tyres likes but how hard is it to measure a bloody tyre? Kenda manage it, Specialized manage it…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’d rather they made great tyres and got the sizes wrong as opposed to some of the others who can measure but…..

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

looked at them again just look tiny compared!!!

Blueadvocate

Hmm was looking to get a pair of these. Currently have stock Bontrager XDX 2.4 on my Trek Remedy so was going to get 2.35 size for the winter, I may get 2.5 now.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘shocking sizes!’ is closed to new replies.