Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Shock won't hold air….
  • simon80
    Free Member

Hi.
    I have a fox rp23 rear shock.
    If I inflate it to above 180psi, it slowly loses air until it sits at 180 again.
    Is there a quick/cheap remedy for this or is it a full service job?

benpinnick

Have you checked the valve core? Inflate your shock then submerge it in water to see where it leaks. The valve core if thats the problem is a < £10 fix for a core tool and core, anywhere else and its a service (home or sent off).

flap_jack
    Free Member

I just had similarish on a float RL. A couple of returns to Mojo until they found the tiny part that was just broken, so deforming under high pressure. Immersion showed leakage around rebound knob.

simon80
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies.
    Guess my shock is going swimming….

deadkenny
    Free Member

Can just be seals. If its leaking from the seals, order Fox air can seal kit off TF Tuned or Mojo, about £20. 15 minute job to do at home, and very easy.

ps when you say it loses air and drops back to 180, is this with the pump connected and you see it go down? If so, could be issue with pump. Noting also when measuring sag you should do it without pump connected. If it’s losing air when riding then more likely seals or valve. Or are you pumping up, then on re-connecting pump it’s down again? If so, you lose pressure just by connecting the pump.

simon80
    Free Member

I’m pumping it up to get 30% sag, then it keeps dropping to about 50% when I leave it for a bit. All the sag measurements are done without the pump attached.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Times that’s happened to me, it just needed air can service. As said, seal kit and 15 minutes (bit longer first time to work out what you’re doing 😀 ). Useful to have a soft jaw vice to hold the shock eyelet and something to grip the air can to twist it off. Replace seals, dash of float fluid, reassemble. Plenty of videos about showing how to do it.

But yeah, maybe do a test to see where it’s leaking.

simon80
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice

simon80
    Free Member

Leaking from near rebound dial.
    Off to TF Tuned I think…..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Shock won't hold air….’ is closed to new replies.