Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Shock upgrade for Giant Trance X5
  • GiantJaunt
    Free Member

My Giant has a Giant shock which works great and has good reveiws but I'm wondering if an upgrade would enhance performance much and what would be a good shock to use? Lockout isn't really a priority although I'm sure an upgrade would have it. What I'm looking for is slightly better plushness over the smaller bumps.

shepleg
    Free Member

rp23 or custom float r

goldenwonder
    Free Member

The Giant shocks are very good for what they are imo, something like an RP23 will give you more adjustability if that's what you're after & more tunable in that you can have it custom valved etc. to get it exactly how you want it

br
    Free Member

Probably better to look at a fork upgrade if you are still on the OE one – what have you got on?

jasonm945
    Free Member

I think the shock is an odd size as well. Tough to find one!

Could be wrong?

Jay

chakaping
    Free Member

Got a Pushed Float R on my Trance and it's brilliant.

Made a much bigger improvement than I expected.

b r is probably right though, you might be better spending your wonga upgrading the Tora if you haven't already.

Andituk
    Free Member

I think the shock is an odd size as well. Tough to find one!

Could be wrong?

Jay

Nope, you're right, Giant use a custom sized shock, so you can't buy one off the shelf.

LoCo
    Free Member

Fox shocks can be made to order in various sizes, call mojo for sizes available.

Dirtynap
    Free Member

RP23 if you have the cash.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

Ok thanks everyone. @br: It has the Rock Shoxx Recon solo air 335's it came with on the front. They seem to have mixed reviews and I don't really have anything to compare them too. Maybe I'll test ride some bikes with higher end forks and see what they're like. I am happy with the Giant shock and would probably upgrade wheels and maybe even brakes first.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Why is an RP23 the best option. Maestro virtually eliminates bob so a well tuned R or RP2 is the best option and LOTS cheaper

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Shock upgrade for Giant Trance X5’ is closed to new replies.