Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Shock pumps?
  • bruneep

My Fox shock pump is poop, whats good?

Any recommendations for zero loss pumps.

Northwind

Beto one is good, and cheap.

bikebob

Interesting this one, zero loss pump. Every one I’ve had / seen always looses 10 psi when removed. Easily solved by sticking an extra 10 in. I’m quite happy with my fox one.

Northwind

All decent shock pumps are zero loss- there’s actually pretty few on the market that aren’t. People often get confused though because even with a zero loss pump you generally get a hiss of air as you remove the pump- that’s not escaping from the fork, it’s escaping from the pump! The air in the shock is under the same pressure as the air in the shock.

Then, they reconnect the shock and discover the pressure’s gone down. But that’s because when you reconnect, the shock gets repressurised from the air spring, and so the pressure in the shock drops.

Rockshox and Beto one are zero loss for sure. Haven’t used a Fox one though.

bruneep

That Beto one seems to fit the bill, Ta

My Fox one has seen better days fex hose is perished also suffering from rolling about in tool box and suffering from a few tumbles in camelbak.

slofox
    Free Member

My Topeak one is really good and has never let me down, a good clear gauge and a loss-less doodad system for when you unscrew, so you don’t lose any air.

rene59
    Free Member

Anyone use a dual shock/tyre pump like the Topeak Shock’n Roll?

http://www.topeak.com/products/pumps/shocknroll

Any good?

LoCo
    Free Member

Fox ones seem to be the toughest IMO (secret is to put a tiny bit of float fluid in main air chamber) 😉

curvature
    Free Member

How much do you want to spend? I used a lovely Lezyne one but it was £65

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The one that came free with rs forks, or the one that came free with marz forks or the other ones that came with forks.

oldnick

Special pumps – solving a problem that doesn’t exist.

Standard Rockshox pump is fine, don’t waste money on anything more fangled for the reasons outlined by Northwind above.

toys19
    Free Member

the beto one is brilliant, and cheap as chips on ebay.
    I have this one one which is 16.95 here. Although I paid 12.95 for it, so have a good look around ebay.

but there is also this which is probably its equal at 12.99.

ajantom

Agreed on the Beto pump. Why pay more? I’ve had one for 5 yeas now and it’s still going strong.

seadog101

Just to be a tad pedantic here, when you pressurise the air going into the shock it heats up. Then after a wee while of sitting in the shock the air will have cooled down a bit. Which leads to a small drop in pressure. The higher the pressure/volume you have pumped, the bigger the chang.

That’s your physics lesson for today, now I’ll shut up and stop being a smarty pants (which I am not BTW).

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Shock pumps?’ is closed to new replies.