Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Shock Mounting Hardware is so complicated
  • barffy
    Free Member

I hate buying the stuff.

I’ve just had my 2015 Meta V4 delivered and need to know what to order so I can take the X Fusion 02 off and fit my Fox RP23 Factory Series. I know the shock will fit, as they are both 200 x 57 and Commencal say they are compatible. The mounting on the Commencal for the bottom of the shock doesn’t protrude beyond the eyelet, it’s not like any mount I have seen before. Where is best to buy them from? I’ve used a company before who I won’t name and they sent me the entirely wrong thing for my Nukeproof Mega….

I’d also need to get a kit to mount the X fusion to the Nukeproof Mega (2012) so I can sell it. The X fusion actually feels pretty good, but I’m hoping the Fox will be slightly better, if not blingy-er.

Northwind

Are they definitely not the same bushings/dimensions? A lot of shocks are directly compatible these days

barffy
    Free Member

No, the ID of the bottom mounting is much larger on the X Fusion. I wasn’t sure if the ID of the shock eyelet was the same between the Fox and X fusion without the hardware in but without (probably) destroying the hardware getting it out I can’t measure

honourablegeorge

Suspect a phone call to TF tuned would sort it

barffy
    Free Member

Called TF, they aren’t sure either! With it being so new they haven’t had one in yet. They think that the ID of the Fox and X fusion is going to be identical so it should be a switch and swap jobbie. I might take it to my LBS tonight, save me mucking it up!

blairc70
    Free Member

Got a Meta V4, bought mine from TF for rockshox those sizes are

12.7mm M10x22.2 ( top )
    12.7mm M10x14 ( bottom and no room for seals )

12.7 is the hole size through the shock ( no bearing in )
    M10 is the bolt size in frame and the final size is the width of slot in frame for bush to fit.

Got the sizes from Jerome at commencal. Hope that helps. I’ve built mine from scratch to any other questions give me a shout.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

No.

It really isn’t.

At all.

Gaussian plume modelling is complicated.

mattjevans
    Free Member

This suggests 22.2×10 and 14×10

http://bikesheet.com/bikes/2015CommencalMetaAMV41OriginEssentialRaceSMLXL.html

Must admit I’ve not seen 10mm shock hardware before, its normally m6 or m8.

I believe X-fusion eyelets are 12mm so the bushings wouldn’t fit in your Fox even if you didnt destroy them

barffy
    Free Member

TF has said that the new X Fusion stuff is 12.7 now, but it used to be 12mm. I’m just gonna go ahead and take it down to the LBS and see what he says over a coffee. It goes against my nature as I like to do everything I possibly can myself.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Shock Mounting Hardware is so complicated’ is closed to new replies.