Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Shock mount hardware – where from?
  • kevin1911

Just taken delivery of a new frame (El Guapo 29er), and need to source the shock mount hardware for it. Can anyone recommend where to get them from? TFTuned have kits, but £15 each end seems a bit expensive.

Thanks in advance!

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Thats how much there are pretty much anywhere if you want decent quality.
    I personally either buy from J tech suspension for most, Burgtec for offset’s or Mojo for Fox.

jam-bo

Just ordered some a titanium set from burgtec. Good price and gd5 ti should wear better than alloy top hats that came with the bike.

CheesybeanZ

http://www.offsetbushings.com/

Offset and normal , good guys too deal with .

zero-cool
    Free Member

+1 for Offsetbushings.com. Good quality and great personal service.

Tom KP

goldenwonder
    Free Member

They ail last well, as long as you change the bush when it wears, same with alloy top hats really, they last well enough as long as the DU is changed in time.
    The low friction Fox hardware on the other hand appears to be made of some special very soft french cheese..

barrykellett
    Free Member

What shock are you putting on it? I have a frame in transit too – impulse sale buy and haven’t thought about shock options at all yet!

kevin1911

Thanks. Burgtec and offsetbushings look like winners.

Barry, I’ve gone for the fox ctd kashima that’s on offer on CRC. £180 after BC discount. Would have preferred a monarch+ rct3 but want to complete the build within a £1k budget.

Northwind

jam bo – Member

Just ordered some a titanium set from burgtec. Good price and gd5 ti should wear better than alloy top hats that came with the bike.

Anything will tbh, tophats are just the wrong way to do it. Any decent quality “heavy duty” ie fit for purpose kit will last pretty much the life of the bike as long as you replace the bushings on time.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Shock mount hardware – where from?’ is closed to new replies.