Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Shock hardware – how tight
  • wysiwyg
    Free Member

Just had some custom shock hardware made, how tight should they be through the DU bush? Hand pushable or vice push? I measured them and the OD is bang on .5″. Had to press fit them and the shock needs quite a bit of pressure to swivel around the pin.

So do I a: leave it and let it wear in or b: whip it out and take a smidge off the OD?

Surely the tightness is affecting the suspension or not really…

LoCo
    Free Member

Interferance fit, press fit if have very strong hands or vice for gentle fit, rotation shouldn’t be too sticky, but depends on bushing & spacer materials

legend
    Free Member

Should be able to push in by hand in my experience. However… the last time I put a DU bush into the Mrs’ Vivid I had to press in the hardwear afterwards, couldn’t see a reason for the change so just put in down to a tolerance build up

EDIT: ignore me and just listen to the guy that does it for a living

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Cheers loco, STD issue Fox metal du and a one piece alu rod.

Ill try to whip it out without knackering it.. its tight, had to G clamp press it in.

LoCo
    Free Member

Std. fox du are quite tight as standard generally, we replace them with polymer ones with full services, slightly slacker and less static friction.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Shall I just forget about it and ride my bike.. Itll take longer to wear out…

LoCo
    Free Member

as long as it’s not so tight the eyelet bush is rotating in the shock eyelet. The eyelet/du bush will just wear anyway.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Dont think it is, it wasnt that tight it was trying to push the bush out when I fitted it.

LoCo
    Free Member

‘should’ be fine then.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Cheers.

Ill have a ponder.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Shock hardware – how tight’ is closed to new replies.