Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Shock extends back even with air let out..normal?
  • mekon
    Free Member

Hi all, my mrs has a fox float shock that she hasn’t used for some time. If I let the air out of it and try to push down (not fixed to the bike) its really really hard to push it down through all its travel then when I let go it just extends back up again. Ive got a rockshox monarch and that doesn’t do it, is this normal with these shocks or is it buggered? It says propedal on the side (sorry don’t know much about suspension).

bails

There’s still air in it after you’ve “let the air out”. It’s just at the same pressure as the air on the outside of the shock.

When you push down, you compress the air, so when you take your weight off the bike it extends the shock again to reduce the air pressure inside.

Although it might need a service/relube if it’s not been used for ages.

pembo6
    Free Member

Open the valve (push down on the pin in the schrader valve) while you are compressing the shock. That will get all the air out.

legend
    Free Member

Even a coil shock with the spring removed still extends itself, so absolutely fine

STATO
    Free Member

The damper circuit is still pressurised so it will want to extend. If its difficult to compress it may be you have the damping set in locked/semi-locked mode.

Or of course it could be buggered, difficult to tell over the internet 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Shock extends back even with air let out..normal?’ is closed to new replies.