Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Shock bushings – help!
  • crimsondynamo
    Free Member

I’m trying to be a bit more self-reliant on routine matters like changing out suss bushings.

I bought the BETD tool and a bag of hula hoops. I’m practising on my old 2008 stumpy. I’ve removed the shock from the frame, popped out the old top bushing, fired in the new hula hoop, all going swimmingly.

However, the inner bushing sleeve (what’s its official name?) does not fit into the hula hoop by hand.

Any suggestions very gratefully received!

granny_ring

Pics?

ticsmon

aren,t they supposed to be tight. if they were loose then the bushing would need changing right?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    crimsondynamo
    Free Member

Here’s the snaps. By the way can you let me know what each part is called so that I’ve got my terminology straight.

Cheers…

granny_ring

Sockets and a vice?

bitterlemon
    Free Member

If the bushing was worn then you could fit the axle by hand. You’ll need a tool or hammer to fit the axle when using new bushes.

crimsondynamo
    Free Member

I don’t have a vice which is why I went for the nifty little BETD tool. I’ll see what I can do with a hammer, without somehow taking the hula hoop with it.

This is growing arms and legs!

crimsondynamo
    Free Member

While I was in the garage my neighbour popped round, saw the pickle I was in, and brought around a G-clamp which did the trick.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Shock bushings – help!’ is closed to new replies.