Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Shock bushing wear, ebay bushings?
  • aroche
    Free Member

Hello,

Had a bit of play around the shock on my Transition Bandit. I did ride for a little while with the play, without replacing the obushing straight away ( I know, never advisable).

I got some bushings on ebay for my Fox rp23 (on a transition bandit if it matters). Think I got a bag of 10 for 20 quid or so, – supposedly polymer bushings.
    Straight after replacing, I’ve had no play whatsover. But after even just a couple of rides, I get play again.

Is this just a case of crap bushings? or possibly a sign of some other problems, or maybe an installation problem?
    As I say, initially after replacement there is no play, – but it only takes a ride or two to see play again. Bushing does “seem” well tight in the shock eye after I replace.

CheesybeanZ

Had the same with my B29 , bought the tool plus bushes from k-tec ,no problems since I fitted the polymer ones and its just had a week round the 7 stains with a clumsy oath on board .

aroche
    Free Member

Was it the k-tec bushings you had a problem with?
    – Thats where I got mine too!
    Tool seems to work ok for me (a bit of a pain the get the tool out after fitting the new bushing, but fine otherwise).

CheesybeanZ

No the original factory ones just wore out the k-Tec were the replacement ones I fitted .no problems so far ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Shock bushing wear, ebay bushings?’ is closed to new replies.