Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Shock Bush Options?!
  • d45yth
    Free Member

I’ve just send my shock off for a service and need to choose what bushes/mount kits I want (SC Bronson/Cane Creek).
    What’s thrown me is that the shock was second-hand and came with TF Tuned’s low friction mounts. I don’t know whether to just replace with the same, get heavy-duty mounts or choose the Cane Creek specific Norglide kits?
    I know the lower bush is supposed to wear quickly on a VPP frame, so maybe should just be considering the HD mounts?
    Thanks for any suggestions.

benpinnick

That depends on your shock – certain CC shocks will only run CC specific hardware. What have you got?

d45yth
    Free Member

Ben – my shock just uses standard 12.7mm bushes. I’ve just reused them to fit my old Fox shock whilst my other’s away. I saw that the Norglide ones are now available in this size though.

Northwind

“heavy duty” is a wee bit misleading I think, they’re not especially heavy duty- it’s jsut what they call full steel shock hardware rather than shitey alu tophats. The bushing itself is just a normal shock bushing.

Can’t tell any difference with low friction in use, personally, but they seem to last well. And they fit without a bushing tool, if that’s an advantage for you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Shock Bush Options?!’ is closed to new replies.