Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Shock air can dry?
  • BlobOnAStick

Hi.

The shock on my bike has become very slow when rebounding. I think the air can has begun to dry out as it has never been serviced (although it may be something else).

Since I can't get it serviced before my next ride, can I inject a bit of finishline lube in through the schraeder valve to keep it going?

I have ordered a service kit with the seals and lube so there's a solution on the horizon, but it want to ride it before then.

Ta,

Ben

coatesy
    Free Member

What shock? If it's a Fox you can easily do an air can service youself to tide you over, only tools required are to remove the shock.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It would be easier to let the air out of the shock, unscrew the can, and put some oil in there, before screwing the can back on. That can be done without removing the shock from the bike.

Although it has to be said I reckon this might be a deeper problem than a lack of oil by the sounds of it. I reckon you might have to stump up the £80 for a full service…..

BlobOnAStick

Mmmm. Thanks chaps.

It's a fox float septune and it hasn't seen a lot of action for quite a while and seems to have stiffened up a bit.

Oh well, i'll give it a go and see what happens.

Cheers,

Ben

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Shock air can dry?’ is closed to new replies.