Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Shirewood Pines: Blue to Red, big jump?
  • Joolz
    Free Member

I went to Shirewood Pines for the first time two weeks ago, my boyfriend and I are planning to go back this weekend. Last time we did the blue trail to get the feel of it, now we're thinking about giving the red a try.

Do you know if there is a big difference between the blue and red – am I going to get scared off? And if it rains (which is likely) will that have an impact on the trail, and if so, should I be making any adjustments in my riding or does it not matter? Last time it was dry – dusty dry.

Your thoughts are appreciated 🙂

Joolz

Joolz
    Free Member

Lol, before anyone says it: Yes, it's been a long day. Yes, I'm an idiot. Yes, I know it's Sherwood Pines. Doh!

I think I went a bit Hobbiton – suddenly everything is in the Shire.

ji
    Free Member

Red is pretty bumpy for beginners, but apart from the 'downhill' section there is nothing too difficult at all. On that part just go round anything made of wood, and take it gently the first time.

It can be quite a long distance for beginners too, as the course is fairly flat so feels longer than it is. (Get fit though and you can get round in about an hour easily).

Pook

Not a big jump, and it criss crosses the blue anyway so if it gets too much you can always jump ship!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Shirewood Pines: Blue to Red, big jump?’ is closed to new replies.