Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Shipping large bike box?
  • flanagaj
    Free Member

I have just got a bix box from the lbs and it is very large. Wheels stay on and you just turn the bars

Trouble is it is 27cm * 117cm * 182cm and I am now having trouble finding a courier who will take it. Parcel Monkey did quote, but want £56!

Anyone know another service who might be a bit cheaper?

Thanks

geoffj

I always remove front wheel and bars and cut it down to a more sensible size, but I’d be interested to hear of any companies that will take them full size.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Normally there is a max girth size (L+W+H) on the package so you need to get under that. All the ones I’ve shipped have been the standard shipping boxes. I guess you have 2 choices pay the £56 or get a smaller box.

donal
    Free Member

It will go on the parcelforce 48 Large service but that will be £60. If it is any use the code U8W will get you 15% of a parcelforce online payment.

flanagaj
    Free Member

I think on this occasion I will just pay the £56. Valuable lesson learnt for next time though!

Sucks when you only charged £25 postage for the bike

flanagaj
    Free Member

If it is any use the code U8W will get you 15% of a parcelforce online payment.

Many thanks for that

sandwicheater

Paisley freight should do.

tinribz
    Free Member

Have tried a few senditnow is by far the cheapest for sending complete bikes, under £15:

3. Maximum sizes and weights

3.1 The size of each Parcel must not exceed 3 metres length and girth (measured around its thickest part) combined and 1.5 metres in length.
    3.2 There is no limit to the weight of a multi-Parcel Consignment but individual Parcels must not exceed 30kg.

Just take the wheels off and take a Stanley knife to the box.

curvature
    Free Member

Why don’t you ask your LBS who they use?

Mine does mail order and as I am quite a good customer they will post stuff for me.

Last bike I sent cost me £20 insured and they gave me a free box too!

The thing is that if they don’t give the boxes away they are paying to dispose of them.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Shipping large bike box?’ is closed to new replies.