Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Shipping from US – any recommendations for BMX forks
  • exile_smoggy

I’m trying to get some new race forks for my 24″ cruiser. I’ve tried LBS/UK Distributer and no luck. The UK distributer doesn’t know when/if they are going to get any more in stock.

I got in touch with the manufacturer who aren’t sure when any more are coming to the UK via the distributer, but have offered to ship some to me direct. They mentioned USPS but I think they use ParcelForce with over the top customs charges (e.g. VAT on the max insured value, not the real value).

Can anyone recommend a carrier (Fed-Ex didn’t seem too bad – £54 including customs charges). The forks are $290.

I’m not trying to avoid VAT or import duty, just don’t want to be charged 20% of say $2500 max insurance for a $290 fork. It’s already going to cost more than the UK price £200, but I’m learning that getting hold of race BMX bits isn’t always easy.

phunkmaster
    Free Member

Go on Facebook and look up Jasonoldschool bmx parts. He is also BMX Talk.

He can get loads of bits from America, good price, just as quick and no faff.

I highly recommend him.

exile_smoggy

Thanks phunkmaster! Seeing if he’s got (or can get) any 24″ Daggers in black. Not in any great rush as my collar bones been stuffed at the moment.

phunkmaster
    Free Member

I actually got a set of daggers from him 18 months ago. He should certainly have options if not Daggers.

exile_smoggy

Spoke to Jason – top bloke. He could get daggers but after chatting, he suggested Supercross SLTs – almost as light, cheaper and will stand up to crashing (I’m pretty new to BMX and did my collar bone at the indoor track) better than carbon.

phunkmaster
    Free Member

I have cromo on both my 20 and 24 now. Had a set of SLTs. Great fork.

Hope you heal up soon.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Shipping from US – any recommendations for BMX forks’ is closed to new replies.