• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by accu.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Shipping a bike from europe
  • jk1980
    Free Member

So I’ve finally tracked down a place that stocks the bike I want to buy, but the trouble is its in Germany. Does anyone please know – will I be charged import duty for shipping a new bike from Germany?

Also – can anyone please recommend a good company to do the shipping?

Thank you

stevomcd
    Free Member

No import taxes (assuming you’re shipping to the UK!) but if you’re arranging your own courier, expect to pay €€€€€…. I’ve looked into it loads of times from France to UK and it’s always over €200 unless you completely strip it down so it fits in a small box.

moneytrain81
    Free Member

If it is a shop, as it sounds like it is, then surely they can arrange the delivery? DHL or DPD are popular with German senders. They’d surely have an acocunt for their regular business they can use?

jk1980
    Free Member

Thank you

Yes it is a shop, so hopefully they can arrange shipping. But I have to decide tomorrow really whether I want to commit or not, so just wanted to be armed with the right info. Great to hear no import duty!

200 euros is a bit steep but having said that the price of the bike is good due to the current euro rate

rickmeister

Think the calculation is done on a volumetric weight basis and that works out expensive due to the size of box needed.

Working with the shop is the best bet.

What bike btw?

jk1980
    Free Member

The bike is a GT sanction pro. I did just want the frame but can’t find any stock of the frame in the UK anymore. So will get the full bike from Germany then sell the bits I don’t want (brakes/wheels/maybe forks)

accu
    Free Member

if the seller uses iloxx international transport, the price for a complete bike is 206.- euro..

so, best is you ask the seller if he could disassemble the bike and sent it in two shipments, using the “frame only” sized boxes ..
    with DHL one box will be about 22.- euros up to 10kg , or 32.- euros up to 20 kg..tracking included..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Shipping a bike from europe’ is closed to new replies.