Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Shiny silver road hubs,20/28 what options do I have?
  • DT78
    Free Member

Chris king and hope monos. Any others to consider? Shimano only seems to be 105. I’d like a lighter weight hub if possible.

cannondaleking
    Free Member

Chinese bitex hubs light and well made and not overly expensive

munkster
    Free Member

https://fairwheelbikes.com/c/reviews-and-testing/hub-review/

But I’d still get Dura Ace if I was spending CK sort of money…

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

white industries are the only hubs to consider

mlbasiliere
    Free Member

+1 on White Industries. No one does shiny better.

sputnik
    Free Member
    cannondaleking
    Free Member

+another for white industries forgot about them and I’m running a pairs lol

goldenwonder
    Free Member

If you want the best, have you not looked at Royce? The only hubs I’d run on a road bike if I could stretch to them. Simply stunning!

captaindanger

Royce or Phil Woods

orangeboy
    Free Member

all depends how much weight is an issue ? Many of the above are very nice just not light

dovebiker

Novatec A171/F172 for the budget conscious. Royce if you’re feeling flush and PMP for something different.

cheers_drive

I have silver Miche RG2s on my Rourke. de-stickered. Often get admiring comments about them despite them being low to mid price.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

strip the paint and polish some 240s

dirtyrider
    Free Member

If you want the best, have you not looked at Royce? The only hubs I’d run on a road bike if I could stretch to them. Simply stunning!

everyone recommends Royce, but who has them?

you even recommend them but don’t even have them 😆

njee20
    Free Member

Tune.

Don’t get the frothing over Royce. Nowt special.

captaindanger

I have some Royce, tbh there is some play in them after not many miles. That said I have made no attempt to correct this in any way (eg contacting Royce etc…) so can’t really complain. They look great though, and you can talk to the man who designs them if you want

P20

Royce are beautiful to look at and sound like old campagnolo. However, I had problems with the bearings in mine not lasting very long and a mate cracked 3 hubshells. Yes they replaced them, but you still have to pay for the wheel rebuild. They may have improved since, ours were over 10yrs ago. Personally, I like my Kings

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I’ve ridden on a set & serviced a few in the past, so I do have first hand experience of them, just sadly not of owning them (yet)
    fwiw, I’ve got Novatec, Hope & CK on my other wheels to compare against & I’d still choose Royce given the chance (maybe I should sell the CK & buy some..)

njee20
    Free Member

I don’t get that. Hubs need to roll, freewheel when you want them to, and not fall apart. If they do that then you get into pretty colours and lightweight.

Royce seem to not work all that well on the first few, and aren’t light.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Shiny silver road hubs,20/28 what options do I have?’ is closed to new replies.