Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Shiny new bike photos. Pink 456.
  • TomHill
    Free Member

After getting the frame in November, parts over December, have finally been able to finish build of my new bike.

Intention is this will be my "do everything" bike. First to get picked out the cellar for trail centres, all day epics, summer blasts…

Colour is probably a bit love/hate. Fortunately, I love it, thank you very much. First ride tomorrow, and too excited to go to sleep…

Apologies for rubbish phone pics.

willurd
    Free Member

LUSH

beefy

That's real nice!

anotherstan
    Free Member

looks good!
    that white spoke thing also looks good, never seen that before (maybe i've just led a sheltered life??)

picked mine up today and building it tomorrow, however, i foresee no problems sleeping tonight. 😉

TomHill
    Free Member

Built the wheels myself. 717 rims, with a Hope Pro2 rear and superstar front hub. Was originally going to go all white, but fancied getting a bit creative.

Feet up with a Bruichladdich, ginger cake and a smug sense of satisfaction.

ourmaninthenorth

Nice.

Makes me want to ride my MTB again.

TomHill
    Free Member

Off out to ride. Will report back on how it feels later. Have been riding a road bike and a downhill bike almost exclusively since October. Looking forward to some good old, straightforward ride up and down and around mountain biking.

Let the shakedown commence…

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Nice. Similar concept to mine. I've just done away with my pikes in favour of a set of maxle Rebas – Found it much more responsive and balanced. Very impressed with the revised damping too – Easily as good as my pushed pikes were.

Jamie
    Free Member

Very nice.

Simon

Looks nice. What's the chain tensioner?

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

Very nice. Makes me wish I could change the 'colour' of my ti 456 😛

MaryHinge
    Free Member

I saw a pink 456 on the back of a car t'other day.

Lovely sparkly colour.

Looks good with the white parts.

Hope the ride lives up to your expectations.

TomHill
    Free Member

It's actually a Shimano Alfine chain tensioner, and did a good job today. No slipping, no misbehaving. Fun ride at Lee Quarry… weird mud there at the moment though. Really sapping and slow. Bike shone through though. "Just light enough" on the climbs, and confident and sure footed on the descents. Looking forward to a long and fun relationship.

miketually
    Free Member

That looks proper ace.

firestarter
    Free Member

looks nice 🙂 what are the forks btw

zaskar
    Free Member

White forks really suit it! and not so pink thank god!

TomHill
    Free Member

They're 2010 Rockshox Revelations dual airs. First ride on them and seem as stiff as my old 36s, and pretty much as light.

slowrider
    Free Member

nice bike!

they look like 09 revs though; cant see the 'power bulge', different shape lower leg arch. do they have post or is mounts?

not that it matters, same damping system after all. the 2010 ones are a lump lighter though.

TomHill
    Free Member

Could well be right. Definitely no power bulge going on. For £230 brand new, I ain't complaining though!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"For £230 brand new"

oooohh where?

gonetothehills
    Free Member

That looks top, Captain; really smart build. Great work! Is it an 18 or 16"?

TomHill
    Free Member

Buzz… on sale at Cycle Surgery just after xmas. Afraid they sold out pretty quick at that price though.

Gonetothehills, it's an 18". I'm bang on 6ft, with 32" inside leg. Felt a wee bit longer tt than previous bikes, but all good.

slowrider
    Free Member

thats a great price for forks as good as those! the black crown works well the other black stuff too.

bet you could get away with an inline post couldnt you?

lyons
    Free Member

i'm 5'10 and thinking bout one of these frames… what do others ride of a similar height, 16 or 18 inch? I want to use it for xc, but still be able to have a bit of fun doing drops etc… ( im thinking quite big drops and gaps though…) I'm wonderong if the 16 will have a long enough top tube…

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

liking the white spoke thing going on. nice

TomHill
    Free Member

Yeah, think I'll swop to an in line at some point. Didn't feel too stretched out, but noticed the saddle in the way a bit more when dropped for descents.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Shiny new bike photos. Pink 456.’ is closed to new replies.