Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • Shiny Bikes – Warning
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Shop local and it won’t happen. Easy, innit?

As wonderfully pithy as this statement is. That is not always the case.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Shyster Bikes

Thank you very much, I’m here all week…

chakaping
    Free Member

Because yet another person has created a new userid to come on and slag off the shop (unless, of course, it’s the same unhappy person as the OP?)

A reasonable number of regulars also seem to have got poor service though. Looks like a “no smoke without fire” scenario to me.

easyrider
    Free Member

***SHINYBIKES ARE RIP OFF MERCHANTS***
    Seriously MasterCard are getting the money back for a 1.2k frameset which was not delivered.
    The process was this:
    Pay for frameset (instock apparently)
    No framset after a week : So I phone them.
    “It’s coming in 2 weeks” say shinyBikes.
    2 weeks time, no framset and no communication from them to me.
    Over a months time, an hefty credit card bill to pay, and no frame.
    ITS DAYLIGHT ROBBERY

Jamie
    Free Member

*opens biscuits*

Out of interest, how long from asking for a refund, to now?

easyrider
    Free Member

2 weeks at least! (Clenches fists) 👿
    Seriously they need to have their merchants bank account thing removed.
    My finances are getting hit. I’ve got the frame from Winstanleys in the meantime and it’s nearly built.

easyrider
    Free Member

STILL NO REFUND ….
    NEXT STOP SMALL CLAIMS COURT

Jamie
    Free Member

Why? Your CC will sort it, no?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Get on their Facebook and Twitter feeds and give them some public flaming

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I had the same, phoned up several times, each time they said that the cancellation would be processed and the refund made.

I must have sounded suitably p1ssed off enough to make them think I was going to take action the last time, was pointing out that they were repeating the same story, etc, and I got a refund.

The guy from bikeswanky had said that he hoped that I would get the frame, so maybe he knew of their reputation…

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

A friend in my club has had a similar experience, paid for a frameset, heard nothing for several weeks despite e-mailing them. Contacted them to request a refund otherwise he’d open a paypal dispute, they said ‘go on then’. I’d avoid.

Jamie
    Free Member

Shiny Bikes are the new David Hinde, then?

https://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.shinybikes.com

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

What’s the story with them listed in Wrexham but shipping from N. Ireland?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Looks like I was lucky to get a refund then, I wonder why I did when others are failing?

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Just Googled the company and got this set of contact details – 01978 355280, based out of Rhostyllen Wrexham, LL14 4EG but the website gives a set of contact details in Co. Antrim, so, the question is why 2 sets of contact details?

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Shiny Bikes are the new David Hinde, then?

No, that goes to On One 😀

1415chris
    Free Member

Hello everybody.
    And yeas I came here to slag off this shop too 🙂
    I’m replacing my PF30, on Wednesday before I placed an order, had called them to confirm availability and make sure I get it by Friday.
    I was assured that if the order is placed by midday it would be sent by first class the same day and would be with me on the next day.
    Thursday gone, nothing. Called them today ( Friday) and was told that the item was going today, ugrrrrr. Having the backlog, it was the reason apparently. If I was told that on the first day I called them, I’d source the bb from somebody else and everybody would be happy with no hard fillings.
    But, screwing somebody’s Saturday ride is unforgettable and it’s a hanging offense 😉

scaredypants

??

sv

The Antrim address is an enterprise park so trading address only. Cheaper there than Wrexham?

aardvarkissues
    Free Member

Another vote here for customer service totally lacking. Ordered some wheels that were apparently in stock, for them not to be in stock. If you go to the effort of having some stock indicator on your site you’d better be using it. I only took the chance on them as they were one of few dealers I could find with the item.

Being in a bit of a hurry asked to cancel via email to receive no reply and quite a few unanswered phone calls.

Figured I’d wait for them in the end, but got a refund several weeks later without ever having received any contact from them! Happy ending, but it would have been nice to have been able to order elsewhere in the meantime.

Bought something entirely different from local shop in the end. Nice lads. Happy to give them my money.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Bruttissima esperienza, mai arrivata la merce ordinata ed aspettato 40gg per la restituzione dei soldi. ( grazie a paypal)
    Non hanno mai risposto ad una mail…! Pessima azienda pessimi inglesi !

Says it all really.
    Bruttissima!

1415chris
    Free Member

Just to small update on my adventure with shiny bikes.
    After yeaterday phone assurance there was no delivery today, surprise surprice. Extremely irresponsible!
    So at that point I’m also joining to the WARNING voice.

mudshark
    Free Member

Warning from me too – order a frame early December, website said instock. A few days later asked if it was, told no but would be delivered in a week or so. Rang again told by end of year, nothing by early Jan so cancelled and told its just come into stock (reall?) but I pressed for a refund. No refund a month later so contacted credit card to investigate.

hora
    Free Member

How can they have two addresses (one shop)?

palmer77
    Free Member

I will never use them again. I had ordered a Selle Italia SLR seat and 31.6mm seat post combo, but was sent the SLS seat and 27.2mm seat post. I phoned them and they said to return these which I did recorded delivery, at my own expense. They then said they would send the proper items to me, and despite regular calls and emails they have not done so. I paid with PayPal and have raised a dispute, and have asked them to cancel the order and refund, still no reply…

Rorschach
    Free Member

He started out of his house in wrexham,moved to a unit with no consent to use as retail and then moved to Ireland.I assume the company is still registered to the original address.
    He is not a very nice little man.If you knew him then none of this would surprise you particularly.

palmer77
    Free Member

I just received this email…

Hi Ben,

I suggest you stop leaving comments on our Face book and any other forum!! We have your address details and we will be contacting our commercial solicitor as your comments are slanderous, I suggest you take them down other wise we will be suing you for slander!!

Think very carefully before you post in future!!

Fraser

Interesting…

excitable1
    Free Member

Well I feel quite vindicated….

teadrinker
    Free Member

this needs bookmarking

robdob
    Free Member

It ain’t slander, quote them this…..

“Under common law, to constitute defamation, a claim must generally be false and have been made to someone other than the person defamed. Some common law jurisdictions also distinguish between spoken defamation, called slander, and defamation in other media such as printed words or images, called libel.”

Shackleton

I suggest you take them down other wise we will be suing you for slander!!

You left a video comment on facebook? Or does he mean libel? I suspect his solicitor will put him straight (hopefully about more than his English usage).

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I feel quite lucky to have got my refund after only a few phone calls, I must have managed to sound like I knew what I was doing !

martinhutch

If he was as interested in returning his customers’ cash as he appears to be about threatening them, then perhaps his reputation would be in better nick.

Then again, perhaps his stated intent to visit a solicitor carries as much weight as his stated intent to process a refund.

palmer77
    Free Member

Just got a refund 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Me too and placed the order elsewhere.

hutchweb

I was trying to chase up some tyres I ordered a few weeks back and the website is “closed for maintenance”. On a Wednesday in the daytime. My poor wife may not be getting her new vittoria xn pro’s!

grahamt1980

Should i be as amused as i am by the fact that a ‘david h’ likes some of the poor ratings on trust pilot.
    Surely it’s not that david (dave) h

Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Shiny Bikes – Warning’ is closed to new replies.