Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Shingles / Neuralgia
  • johnhe

I have an awful sore area across my back and across to my stomach. It's exactly where I had my rash from shingles 14 years ago (but I have no rash).

I went to the dr who basically said I'm fine and just take pain killers. Unless a rash develops, in which case, yes, I do have shingles.

So what's the story? Am I 100% fit, but with sore skin? Can I go biking as normal, or am I suffering from a viral infection and should take it easy for a week?

Anyone else have any experience with this?

jojoA1
    Free Member

My other half had shingles a couple of years ago (on his face, the poor thing, he looked like a Klingon for Christmas and New Year). He has since had it again, but more mildly where he felt kind of fluey for a bit then he had the soreness and tingling and eventually he had a less severe episode of the rash/blistery bits. If I were you, I'd go to another doctor and ask if you might have a milder outbreak and about anti viral meds to shorten/lessen any outbreak.

project
    Free Member

Lavender oil helps.

druidh
    Free Member

Might not be shingles, but another variant of the Herpes virus (basically a cold sore). The Mrs gets a similar condition on the back of one leg every couple of years or so.

johnhe

The truth is that I'm bummed that I'm this sore just as the weather has (finally) dried up here. I guess I'll bike as much as I can till I flal over!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Shingles / Neuralgia’ is closed to new replies.