Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Shin guards
  • scousebri
    Free Member

had very painfull encounter today, peddle decided to introduce it’s self to my shin :(. Need some shin guards now i think. Does anybody use them, recommend a set. I don’t want big chunky DH type, just something to take the sting out of the impact of peddle onto shin.Just had a quick look on CRC but the choice is huge.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Footy shin guards.would be easier I assume. I have some raceface knee and shin guard which are deffo chunky but comfy for all day riding

mikewsmith
    Free Member

IXS assault, look like mega DH ones but really comfortable, keep your legs warm and safe, and stay in place.

honourablegeorge

Waiting on some Troy Lee 5450s to arrive, for the same reason, supposed to be excellent, without the bulk and restriction of the larger ones.

granny_ring

I was thinking about looking at footy ones when I pluck up the courage to fit flats to one of the bikes, just sounds too painful without anything….

2bit
    scousebri
    Free Member

Those 5450’s look ok,not to bulky. Foot pads could be something to look at. Will be a week or two i think before i can try anything on, shin in a bit of a mess atm.

scaredypants

I used footy shinpads for a while when I 1st started riding flats and got some scrapes. I either learnt not to need them or ride more like a chicken than I used to

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Shin guards’ is closed to new replies.