Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • SHimnao Di2 and the E-Tube Apps
  • peteimpreza

Found these apps to manage your Di2 setup in the iOS app store over the weekend .

Anyone using these (or the Android version) ?

How are you getting on ? Does it help keep you setup up to date and in fine fettle ?

Do they work with all version of Di2 ?

shuhockey
    Free Member

You need the newer battery and the transmitter thinging ew-111( not out yet)? for a road bike to connect. Not sure about mountain bike

peteimpreza

Bumping back up to see if the evening crew have anything to,add .

maxtorque

tbh, i’m not sure what really needs managing? I just set my system up once (in terms of button assignment and shift speed etc) then have left along because it just works!

onandon
    Free Member

I have it on my xtr but not used it yet. I plan to have a play at the weekend when / if I get the time. I’ll update when it happens.

peteimpreza

Cheers !!

peteimpreza

@maxtorque , did you setup with the app or from. Laptop?

sillyoldman

Both Battery and EW-WU101 that are required are available.

App makes it much more convenient to check for updates and/or alter set up.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

I have the little thingy and the battery but couldn’t locate it when I went to use the app. It wouldn’t detect it. So how do I get my di2 to make the right noises to talk to the app?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

old thingy or new thingy?as they have both been updated

shuhockey
    Free Member

The ew-wu101 is only ant+. The ew-wu111 has smart Bluetooth you also need the new battery as this has all the brains inside it, so that you can use the app. The wu101 is just to send info to your Garmin. dcrainmaker scroll down a bit
    Available early Feb hopefully

Skippy

For mountain bikes the information unit sc- mt800 and newer battery connect via Bluetooth. This is for the XT version as I have just fitted it and used the iPad app to update firmware and the settings. Still early days for me but first impressions are positive.

sillyoldman

The SM-EWW01 was Ant+ only. The EW-WU101 is Ant+ and Bluetooth, and the forthcoming EW-WU111 is functionally the same, but in an inline package.

peteimpreza

So it’s likely a bike in stock at a retailer now will not be compatible with these apps out of the box ?

shuhockey
    Free Member

no. My new bike did come with the newer battery, just need the widget thing. I don’t think anyone sells road bikes with everything required yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘SHimnao Di2 and the E-Tube Apps’ is closed to new replies.