Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Shimano XT/SLX 10spd Double Chainring 24t – Part Number……pleeeeease!
  • chris_db
    Free Member

Anyone out there know which chainring part number I need to stick a 24t granny on my XT M785 double? I’m too fat for the 26t….???????

Thanks

Chris

mlucas666
    Free Member

I think i remember reading that the 38t ring on the 38/24 crankset is different to the 38t ring on the 38/26 crankset.

I think it had something to do with the ramp profiling to enable the bigger jump in size between rings.

*edit*
    Found the Shimano parts listing, there are two different 38t rings:
    M785 Tech Doc

ziggy
    Free Member

Silver or Black?

simondbarnes

Madison don’t appear to be listing it. If they were, it would be part # 1ML 2400

ziggy
    Free Member

Yeah don’t seem to have them. Might be worth emailing Madison.

Here’s the Tech Docs

mlucas666
    Free Member

Either way, I’m pretty sure that he’ll need to replace his 38t ring as well.

dirtydog
    Free Member

mlucas666 – Member
    Either way, I’m pretty sure that he’ll need to replace his 38t ring as well.

POSTED 5 SECONDS AGO # REPORT-POST

+1
    Your not going to get a mech that will work with a 24/38 rings without rubbing, 24/36 is about as wide as you can go.

toppers3933
    Free Member

madison list 1mm2400 chainring. for the m780 chain set. £19.99 and in stock. might be compatible.

chris_db
    Free Member

Thanks all, maybe I need to get fitter lol…..

perthmtb
    Free Member

Yeah, you’ll need a matched pair of AM38 and AM24 chainrings for the smoothest shifting. The 38/24 M785 combination has only just come out, and I haven’t seen anyone offering the chainrings separately yet – may have to wait a while. Could probably get away with the M780 24 ring in the meantime, or even the SLX M675 24 ring, but won’t be as good shifting as the proper M785 24/38 matched set.

Your not going to get a mech that will work with a 24/38 rings without rubbing, 24/36 is about as wide as you can go.

Utter tosh – Shimano offer the 24/38 as a stock combination now in both SLX and XT, and it works perfectly with the their 2×10 mechs. Just like the old SLX M665 22/36 worked great with the same jump of 14T.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Shimano XT/SLX 10spd Double Chainring 24t – Part Number……pleeeeease!’ is closed to new replies.