Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Shimano XTR Trail Brake M988 Issue
  • Stu661
    Free Member

I went to change the pads on my rear brake tonight, removed the old pads pushed the pistons back and fitted the new pads. Then tried to pump the pistons out but nothing really happened, kept trying but still nothing the lever then went to the bars and would not return.

The lever could be pulled back from the bars to the normal position but springs back to the bars and stays there, can’t see anything out of place. Does anyone have any ideas before I return them to the shop for a warranty job.

fibre
    Free Member

Did they come pre bled with pre cut hoses?. If the lever travels that far without the pistons moving or oil leaking from somewhere then it sounds like there is (or was) air in the system. Bled my set after cutting the hoses and they’ve been fine so far, they haven’t had any abuse yet and are only a couple of months old though.

Stu661
    Free Member

Don’t think the system has air in it the brakes have been working fine for months this only happened when I changed the pads. I think there is something broken in the lever, like I said the lever will not return to the normal position.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Shimano XTR Trail Brake M988 Issue’ is closed to new replies.