Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • SHIMANO XTR SL-M970 9 SPEED 9 SP SHIFTERS
  • kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Right, long winded this but be patient.

Need some new shifters and looking at a pair of these "pods" or the XT ones.

My old shifters operate, "thumb press" up the cassette and "finger press" down the cassette on to the smaller cogs. My mate has some new shiters that operate in the reverse of this, do all new ones operate like my mates or can I specify which way I want em to shift.

I like wm the way I have them at the moment Cheers. 😳

BlingBling
    Free Member

Your mate has a rapid rise mech

Dougal
    Free Member

All the gear…

scaredypants

your mate has a rapid rise mech or you've noticed that the "trigger" can be operated either by squeezing with yer finger or pushing with yer thumb

this shifter will work same as the one you get rid of unless you change mech type at the same time

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Cheers BB,

Are these "normal" or rapid rise" they dont say either so I assume "normal"

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=20701

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Dougal – Member
    All the gear…

Shut it poster boy. 😆

Dougal
    Free Member

1:

Your mate has a rapid rise mech

2:

your mate has a rapid rise mech

The shifter has no bearing on the shift direction, only the mech does, so the shifters you are looking at will do exactly the same as your current ones.

dasnut
    Free Member

mein gott

wrong forum as well

welcome inside

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Ok Dougal, that's cleared that up, just getting back into MTB'ing after a long time road racing, my last shifters were Suntour thumbies, probably the same time you were still in liquid form. 8)

Hope to spank your butt on a trail sometime soon :mrgreen:

Iceman
    Free Member

kingkongsfinger

My old shifters operate, "thumb press" up the cassette and "finger press" down the cassette on to the smaller cogs. My mate has some new shiters that operate in the reverse of this, do all new ones operate like my mates or can I specify which way I want em to shift.

That could be me 😆 The one I have are Sram 9.0, its thumb operated for both changes, up or down. Does take a bit of getting use too but Kingkong can do it 😀

alpin
    Free Member

ja, es ist fast unglaublich daß die leute wirklich keine ahnung haben aber trotzdem, sie geben so viel geld aus nur weil sie die beste teilen haben wollen.
    ich frage mich ob er ein deutscher ist…..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘SHIMANO XTR SL-M970 9 SPEED 9 SP SHIFTERS’ is closed to new replies.