Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Shimano XT Wheels any good for Cotic Soul?
  • bikeneil
    Free Member

I’m looking to go Tubeless on my Cotic Soul. I’ve ran Hope Hoops for years, but just saw the XT’s and quite like the look of them.

Anybody have any experiences with them? Or anything else i should be looking at? If not, i may just stick with Hope again.

Thanks

Scapegoat

XT wheels use standard cup and cone bearings. Are you happy with maintaining them yourself? Also, lower budget Shimano hubs don’t seal as well as they might, and are allergic to jetwashes.

BigR

I have mixed feelings about XT wheels. I had a set for a couple of years when the freehub seemed to go. It was in fact the axle threads that had stripped. I couldn’t get the hub replaced as there where no after market ones you could use with the rims (according to Alpine bikes). On a plus note Alpine Bikes sent the lot back to Madisons who sent me a new wheel despite its vintage. This was despite me buying the initial set from Merlin.
    They are very easy to run tubeless and until the freehub/axle issue had been faultless.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bikeneil
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. I’ve got absolutely no worries about doing any maintenance, be it Cartridge or Cup/Cone… I think i may just stick with Hope as i have had no issues in 5 years of use. Just liked the look of the XT rims :o)

fisha
    Free Member

Xt hubs have been very reliable for me over the years . Shimano hubs in general across most of my bikes.

tuffty
    Free Member

Put ztr crest rims on hope hubs on my Soul, and I love ’em 😀

bikeneil
    Free Member

tuffty – Member
    Put ztr crest rims on hope hubs on my Soul, and I love ’em

Thank you. I couldn’t decide between Flows and Crests. What tyres are you using?

tuffty
    Free Member

Maxxis Advantage 2.25 front and back 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Shimano XT Wheels any good for Cotic Soul?’ is closed to new replies.